Short Selling Banned!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#71 espresso

espresso

• Traders-Talk User
  • 913 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:30 AM

Tonight I spoke with my neighbor about how these people are getting away with the worst crimes, he said I am depressing them and he didn't want to listen, then I thought people deserves all the crap they are getting from the gov't...

Most people are follow the leader crowd,
Most people is addict to advertisements,
Here in UK the last few days the media built a cruisade agianst the shortsellers,
This was the planned outcome...
Spesi FF

#72 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:57 PM

ogm...I'm gonna type this slowly so you don't miss my point. If OEXCHAOS is correct and a complete ban were to be initiated on ALL equity short selling, yes...half the market will disappear, just like that. All options will go bye-bye, put and call. All leveraged ETF's. You would no longer be able to short index futures. The whole banana.

U.F.O.

Talk about wrong. Options are written by a market maker who owns the underlying stock in most cases. There is a limit to how many puts can be bought or written because that is how many shares of stock are held. So your idea of market makers short the underlying can be true but more than likely isn't true. So i think you owe OGM an apology. That was rude.
If it can be cornered, it will.