A-ha (Atilla Demiray) Closes His Blog To Comments

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 TradingUp

TradingUp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 385 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:32 PM

Hubris and arrogance have no limit. Having closed his initial trade yesterday with a horrendous loss, he's at it again - more losses! Now he's had to close the comments section of his blog because too many people in pain are daring to criticise him and his methods. He calls them "trolls"!

Edited by TradingUp, 12 November 2008 - 12:33 PM.

#2 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:38 PM

Hubris and arrogance have no limit.

Having closed his initial trade yesterday with a horrendous loss, he's at it again - more losses! Now he's had to close the comments section of his blog because too many people in pain are daring to criticise him and his methods. He calls then "trolls".

He did make a few good calls....The crowd followed him.....The bus was fully loaded....That is the problem.....
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#3 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

this is typical for the solipsist guru's of the current age. i cannot count how many i have seen do this in one way or tuther.

#4 wxman

wxman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

he only added a moderator option

Blogger Atilla M. Demiray said...

Now this is nice, there is a moderation option we can use.

All the comments you post appear after moderated. Unfortunately we had to do this.

You can post comments but there will be a few minutes delay

Thanks

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:25:00 PM EST

Having closed his initial trade yesterday with a horrendous loss, he's at it again - more losses! Now he's had to close the comments section of his blog because too many people in pain are daring to criticise him and his methods. He calls then "trolls".

He did make a few good calls....The crowd followed him.....The bus was fully loaded....That is the problem.....

#5 saltlake

saltlake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:44 PM

It looks like people are still commenting on his blog. Lets get he record straight, He closed his ES position yesturday with a 20 point loss but picked up Rusle points. Atilla is one of the best traders Ive ever seen

#6 teknobucks

teknobucks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:47 PM

It looks like people are still commenting on his blog. Lets get he record straight, He closed his ES position yesturday with a 20 point loss but picked up Rusle points. Atilla is one of the best traders Ive ever seen

i agree....wish he would return 2 TT

#7 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:53 PM

I disagree completely. He made some great calls, got a bigger following, and watched people post garbage when he was temporarily down on a trade...Nor did he lose big on his last trade, as he nailed it by selling out into the squeeze yesterday, and lost small. Why should he open himself up to the crap? As far as I can see, he is one hell of a trader...all traders have losses.

Edited by tommyt, 12 November 2008 - 12:53 PM.

#8 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:00 PM

Does his trading calls agree with your TA? if not.....................
vitaminm

#9 TradingUp

TradingUp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 385 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:05 PM

I disagree completely. He made some great calls, got a bigger following, and watched people post garbage when he was temporarily down on a trade...Nor did he lose big on his last trade, as he nailed it by selling out into the squeeze yesterday, and lost small. Why should he open himself up to the crap? As far as I can see, he is one hell of a trader...all traders have losses.

Yep, the usual story with him. He lost 55 points on his initial trade and then just kept on averaging and averaging and averaging down and then claimed that by selling on a small rebound he "lost small". Maybe that's what Jesse Livermore did, finally ending up broke and committing suicide.

#10 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:16 PM

Frankly I don't know how he deals with the commentary by all the newbies, etc. When I trade I find it absolutely necessary to be in a calm situation. Just reading through the comments there does anything but calm you. In terms of the trading, in fairness he caught some pretty big moves in the last few months. I'd say he's got some money to play with. I'm not a proponent of averaging down. It rarely works for me. I think Atilla is an excellent trader overall, who gets too attached to a position at times. IT