the H1 swing trade thread/blog for 12/22/08

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:40 AM

... and i like what i see, too. price and the 50 dma have been dancing the tango (hopefully not the last "tango in paris", since i am loaded long equities!), not getting too far away from each other for the last week or so. the first poke above was rejected, setting up a bit of a drama, a required drama, don't you think? my guess is that we get back above that 50 dma and stay above long enough to have the fast money momentum long/short funds start pushing in their sideline money. i don't have anything of real consequence on my date radar until 1/23/09-1/26/09. another date has shown up, the nearby 2/10/09. i am looking for a possible double top into those dates maybe in the spx 1095 area. if something like that occurs, a very profitable swing trade short might be set-up.

#2 Funky Monk

Funky Monk

• Traders-Talk User
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:20 AM

h1, i'm watching too, but with a little different lens don't know anything about fast money momentum long/short funds but i do know doc andrews fascinating stuff, and extremely profitable if you master the rules this one looks good so far (booolish), it's already 'payed off' 3 times hopefully it'll keep tracking and you'll get payed off good luck h1 peace out $SPX snapshot_819.png

#3 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:57 AM

FM: thanks for the comment and peace to you, too. the andrews pitchforks are fascinating and worthwhile. thanks for the update; i tend to forget about them. you remind me that i need to get in touch with the big one on the daily chart going back to 3/24/00 and further, too. H1

#4 apprentice

apprentice

• Traders-Talk User
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

I'm just a novice here, aspiring to become a swing trader. Could any of you guide me in the selection of a good intraday stock screener, as I've been reading that in order to trade effectively as a swing trader I will need to have ready access to some kind of intraday stock screener. I'm not well off enough to be able to pay top dollar for such, but I can affort up to $100 per month. Thank you in advance for your guidance.

RPPVW/SHP

"It is not your duty to complete the work,
but neither may you desist from it."

--Talmud