The USA breaks up into pieces

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:45 AM

How do you get Senators and Congressmen from Vermont, NH or Maine to care about Mexican immigration when they have virtually none? How do you get Southwestern congressmen to see environmental concerns when their area is a frickin' desert?

The European Union is falling apart now. The USA will eventually follow.

An illiberal impetus that has allowed bureaucrats in Brussels to usurp the authority of previously sovereign states and make policy for the Continent (while being immune from its repercussions). Were it not for the rigid controls the EU exerts over its satellite states—each European country would be likely to respond to “refugees” in a manner consistent with the wishes of the voters, rather than that of the bureaucracy and its crooked beneficiaries.

http://barelyablog.c...opean-identity/

‘Fear’ is only thing holding EU together: Hugh Hendry

“Without appropriate monetary policy, fiscal policy or bank rescue as an option, all the EU has left is fear to hold it together. It will inevitably buckle if it replaces the carrot with the stick. And so we fear a storm is coming,” Hendry and company wrote.

http://www.marketwat...&dist=bigcharts

--

Gaia / Planet Worship was the pseudo-religion of the left. Now it's Harry Potter in public, 50 Shades of Grey in private

#12 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

This looks pretty good to me. Except take Nevada and Hawaii too. 

We'd be glad to go and I suspect the rest of the country would be glad to see us go, except for the Northeast (but they could link up to Ontario and Quebec). Alaska might be thorn in our side but we could deport all the white people to Arizona or Texas.  Alaskans would probably love that in the end, from snow and cold to sun and fun, especially if we paid for it since like the other red states they're always looking for a free ride. 

Put it all together -- Canada,the left coast, the upper right corner -- and all that would be left would be a hardly-populated prairie-dog province and an aging rust belt trying to make friends with the banana republic to the south.

Yep, this sounds good to me.

CANADIANS INVITE CALIFORNIA, OREGON AND WASHINGTON TO JOIN CANADA

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted, W.C. Fields.

#13 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:51 AM

“Shattered Consensus”

makes the case there is an inevitable “revolution” coming because our politics, culture, education, economics and even philanthropy are so polarized that the country can no longer resolve its differences.

“The problems will mount to a point of crisis where either they will be addressed through a ‘fourth revolution’ or the polity will begin to disintegrate for lack of fundamental agreement.”

He identifies two previous eras where a general consensus prevailed, and collapsed. Each lasted about as long as an individual’s lifetime, was dominated by a single political party and ended dramatically.

First came the era that stretched from 1800 until slavery and sectionalism led to the Civil War.

The second consensus, which he calls the capitalist-industrial era, lasted from the end of the Civil War until the Great Depression.

It is the third consensus, which grew out of the depression and World War II, which is now shattering. Because the nation is unable to solve economic stagnation, political dysfunction and the resulting public discontent, Piereson thinks the consensus “cannot be resurrected.”

http://nypost.com/20...r-a-revolution/

Revealed: Steve Bannon 'is obsessed with a book arguing institutions are destroyed and rebuilt every 80 years'
  • Trump's chief strategist was fascinated by a book called The Fourth Turning
  • William Strauss and Neil Howe released the book and their theory in 1997
  • View history as a repetition of 80-year cycle that begin and ended with crises
  • Say cycles went from the Revolution to the Civil War, then to Second World War
  • Bannon became convinced that the next crisis would involve a massive conflict, according to a historian who worked with him on a documentary

http://www.dailymail...th-Turning.html

--

Gaia / Planet Worship was the pseudo-religion of the left. Now it's Harry Potter in public, 50 Shades of Grey in private