The Rubber Room

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SevenOfEleven

SevenOfEleven

• Traders-Talk User
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 09:59 PM

I've updated my rubber room charts. Here's the gold cycle I've been tracking. -Seven

Posted Image

#2 geosing

geosing

• Traders-Talk User
  • 696 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 11:03 PM

Thanks for the charts. Is the significance of your weekly count explained somewhere?

#3 SevenOfEleven

SevenOfEleven

• Traders-Talk User
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 01:00 AM

Thanks for the charts.

Is the significance of your weekly count explained somewhere?

I don't believe so (not at my place anyway). The primary reason I show it is to show the timing syncronicity the POG has had this entire runup. Secondarily it can be helpful to know when something changes. For example a runup twice as long as any previous, along with parabolic price, might be a good indication of a blowoff.

With one exception (the cycle chart on the front page) I track those things mostly to allow others to use to form their own conclusions rather than speculate myself. The cycle chart on the front page, on the other hand, has proven very useful to me in playing physical along the trend, or - dip buying. It's signifigance lays in the overlap of two cycles (one exactly half the length of the other). Doing so, and putting the red (sell) and green (buy) signals at the specified locations that those cycles make easy to find has treated me quite well. You'll notice this particular cycle is really pushing it - I did not buy in on the last low because it's been getting more difficult to center my targets. Take that anyway you desire that fits what you see - I take it as an upcoming event of either 1.) blowoff, or 2.) big correction or even CIT.

-Seven

#4 PIK.

PIK.

• TT Member+
  • 837 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 04:22 AM

SOE, great charts. Thanks for posting them. Curious if you have any cycle charts on Silver? Regards.
Trade based on what you see happening, not what someone else thinks or hopes will happen.

#5 geosing

geosing

• Traders-Talk User
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 01:09 PM

The primary reason I show it is to show the timing syncronicity the POG has had this entire runup.

I figured it had to do with time consumed by up/down phases in each swing. But I was curious about the formula ... Why the -1? Is it because of one shared candle?

#6 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 03:01 PM

This cycle chart tells others what I've been saying all along. Wait until until around Thanksgiving before buying gold or gold related stocks, at least on an IT basis. The extended top here probably says the downside will be really dramatic when it comes. Thanks, 7 of 11! blustar

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#7 SevenOfEleven

SevenOfEleven

• Traders-Talk User
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:34 PM

This cycle chart tells others what I've been saying all along. Wait until until around Thanksgiving before buying gold or gold related stocks, at least on an IT basis. The extended top here probably says the downside will be really dramatic when it comes.

Thanks, 7 of 11!

blustar

The extended top here probably says the downside will be really dramatic when it comes.

Agreed.

#8 SevenOfEleven

SevenOfEleven

• Traders-Talk User
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:42 PM

The primary reason I show it is to show the timing syncronicity the POG has had this entire runup.

I figured it had to do with time consumed by up/down phases in each swing. But I was curious about the formula ... Why the -1? Is it because of one shared candle?

If you're talking about the negative numbers on the candle counts that's just my notation for 'this many days/weeks/months on the downmove'.

If you're referring to the subtraction to calc TTL days between multiple swings then subtracting one (-1) from say two swings would be necessary because the counts are inclusive peak to peak. Don't want to count the same peak twice when adding multiples.

#9 SevenOfEleven

SevenOfEleven

• Traders-Talk User
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:48 PM

Betelguese - here's some reposts from Capital Stool:
10/26
----
Just when you thought it was confusing enough - the dreaded silver chart in dreaded SevenOfForkedUpEleven view :blink:

Overall, to me it keeps looking more bearish the longer I stare at it, but then staring at cute people's faces upside down makes them look like demons with lips on their foreheads.

Instead of staring, I think there's something to be said for just forking it up, channeling it like the dead, finding at least one trending cycle, and perhaps a pattern or two. Voila - it stands before you, with much missed no doubt, but some interesting things of note as well:

1.) I believe that hatched thick green t-line will be a line of death to try and avoid (hey $SILVER - avoid that)

2.) Bright blue line follows highs/lows via the 4-4.5 year cycle I overlaid on MACD (they promised they'd still serve me fries and MACNuggets). The question mark accompanying is just that - a question mark. If you know the answer please speak up :lol:

3.) There's a potential rising wedge shown with the thick red lines. Within that wedge is a scalloping pattern. The thick blue line just below it makes a channel with wedge resistance.

4.) The two large channels in thick blue, going up on the left and down on the right, might constitute a cycle.

EDIT: I updated the chart to show the 200week=50month and 200month SMA's. They are leveling out but ... ?

Comments would be nice - I don't have anything additional to add at this time.

-DoubleDoh!Seven

Posted Image

#10 SevenOfEleven

SevenOfEleven

• Traders-Talk User
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:51 PM

10/27
--------
Just an elaboration on the silver chart I posted yesterday and one of the reasons it nags negatively at me.

The thick red lines are just bear flag glyphs. The thin black lines are all cloned from a single line. That means they're all of an identical angle. That angle failed at least once within recent view.

Just thinking out loud as it comes...

Posted Image