Gold is looking redish in the short term, in my green eyes

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:43 PM

Hope I am wrong but still some downside action is probably in the cards. That is what the odds that make up my mind, unfortunately suggest anyway. I may lighten up a bit if I see some strength. Still looking for a kind of a mid Sept high though. Profitable long term investing is seldom in commodities. I have lived through 5 of such occasions in PMs, GDX and Crude oil, in about 30 years of technical trading and have booked about 70% only of the profits available in these long term trades. I'll try to wait to taste another bona fide bull run. The last few years have forced me to become a sculper/short term trader. So be it, no problem, no complaint. -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#2 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:29 PM

Be very carfeul between 9/12 and 9/28. So say the Greek shepards and the bird watchers amongst others. You may or may not take this seriously, your choise and as well as mine. The US stk mkt and others stk mkts may be more affected than other tradable mkts. I think I will sell a mid Sept Gold high and buy back an end Sept low, (subject to change at any time), obviously. This is the plan formulated 05:15 London time and now after another sleepless night, breakfast and then a visit to a hospital for a check up. Something I feel is wrong with me, can't sleep properly more than 6 hourss. -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#3 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:30 PM

I have a strong gold high in three weeks and a stock low. It got hammered down before this high which is usually what they do so the high doesnt break out, we'll see if it breaks out in 3 weeks, probably not again and need to buy DZZ or equivalent in 3 weeks. I'll give it a chance for 3 weeks anyway.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#4 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:37 AM

I did ake some profits this morning (London time) as posted in detail in the "At last some upside Gold action is anticipated imo" post. -tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#5 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:15 AM

$HUI, possible macd kiss of life.

http://stockcharts.c...id=p01858291766

-tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#6 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:15 AM

Since not overweight in Gold & Silver fitures as of this morning, the time has come to consider some Miners exposure. My 3 choises and in order of preference are: Long January 2017 GDXJ 23 calls. Short January 2017 GDXJ 19 puts. Premium cost just a small credit. Long Jan 2017 NEM 20 calls. Short Jan 2017 NEM 15 puts. Premium cost about zero. Long Jan 1017 GDX 15 calls. Short Jan 2017 GDX 13 puts. Premium cost about zero I'll probably do just 2 of the above and most certainly the GDXJ calls, my first choise. I do like the action and potential. This is just what I decided to do and I believe no one else wishes to take such a long term position and with the margins involved selling naked puts. Hence no need to say DYODD. -tria

Edited by tria, 01 September 2015 - 08:20 AM.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#7 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:38 AM

Interesting info.

http://blogs.barrons...f-shares-in-2q/

Paulson’s sale comes as another famed investor, Stanley Druckenmiller took out a big, new stake over the same period.

http://blogs.barrons...ke-in-gold-etf/

-tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#8 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:43 AM

Hourly RSI negative divergence is in place but if a bull has started, they don't matter and are blown away. -tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#9 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:10 AM

Since not overweight in Gold & Silver fitures as of this morning, the time has come to consider some Miners exposure.

My 3 choises and in order of preference are:

Long January 2017 GDXJ 23 calls.
Short January 2017 GDXJ 19 puts.
Premium cost just a small credit.

Long Jan 2017 NEM 20 calls.
Short Jan 2017 NEM 15 puts.
Premium cost about zero.

Long Jan 1017 GDX 15 calls.
Short Jan 2017 GDX 13 puts.
Premium cost about zero

I'll probably do just 2 of the above and most certainly the GDXJ calls, my first choise.
I do like the action and potential.

This is just what I decided to do and I believe no one else wishes to take such a long term position and with the margins involved selling naked puts.
Hence no need to say DYODD.

-tria

FWIW, The GDXJ options play was placed.

-tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#10 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:20 PM

Curious Tria Aren't you paying for some volatility here?