• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

America's Greenest Cities

Did you know that the U.S. city with the highest percentage of commuters who drive is Corpus Christi? Or that the best city in the nation for biking is Minneapolis? What about the fact that San Francisco has the largest number of farmers markets per capita? These are some of the many eye-opening facts that came out of a recent analysis of 100 of America's most populous cities and their environmental friendliness.

A strong majority of Americans favor living sustainably. According to a Pew Research poll, 71 percent said the U.S. "should do whatever it takes to protect the environment." And as more than 80 percent of Americans live in urban areas, examining the environmental friendliness of cities is an excellent way to take the nation's overall "sustainability pulse."

The List of Cities by Rank

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:39 AM

After 20 years of envelope-pushing changes to grow government and ease law enforcement, the once-shining San Francisco has turned into a place where:

San Francisco has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes,” says the data collection site Neighborhood Scout. “One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 14. Within California, more than 98% of the communities have a lower crime rate than San Francisco.”

On the hazardous waste side, the city is reporting an increase of syringes and feces sightings at 41 and 39 percent, respectively, over 2015 levels​. That's just an average. The hardest-hit area reported a 77 percent rise in discarded syringes and a 140 percent rise in feces. The city spends about $2 million a year on urine and feces cleanup.

San Francisco has the dubious honor of being at or near the top of numerous national surveys tracking homelessness, the cost of housing and other issues. One distinction is not disputed: it has the most property crime in the nation, according to the FBI. 

And in the media, San Francisco’s brand has taken hits, with headlines such as “Why San Francisco is the Worst Place Ever,” “34 percent of Bay Area Residents are Ready to Leave,” and “Complaints of Syringes and Feces Rise Dramatically in SF.”

-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#3 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:18 AM

I hate cities, I hate UN agenda 2030 pack and stack gmo depopulation technologies.

They have zombie entrainment frequencies coming out of the weaponized cell towers.

any time my wife and I get near one we cant wait to get home. The cities are done of course

I just saw the migration data charts for population out of the satanist jurisdictions. For the other 

reason Trump cannot succeed to aid the urban genetic decay because of years of federali

de-education and genetic inbreeding they are too ignorant to work and employers have to locate rurally.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan