AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

RGLD?  what else.

I'm talking retirment trade buy and hold 5 years, leverage up

I have paas and ag, gdx, gdxj, sgdm, silj

and I'm not even talking about the 401k at 25% gold yet.

Thanks,

Edited by AChartist, 23 January 2017 - 08:15 PM.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#2 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

RGLD?  what else.

I'm talking retirment trade buy and hold 5 years, leverage up

I have paas and ag, gdx, gdxj, sgdm, silj

and I'm not even talking about the 401k at 25% gold yet.

Thanks,

AEM, GG, NGD and yes, PAAS. I have others but not for public consumption. They're too good to share! LOL

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

DRD, SBGL, SA - just enough to bribe the border guards.

Too good to share?  Definitely that's a LOL. With gold, a rock is a rock is a rock. yes.gif

Edited by diogenes227, 23 January 2017 - 09:33 PM.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:46 PM

Thanks all

It could be 5 to 8 weeks for the weekly chart to really be ready, patience.

I think the daily chart has several days left in it and will have another good supporting

cycle in the span up to 5 weeks.

Edited by AChartist, 23 January 2017 - 10:50 PM.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#5 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:11 AM

Too good to share?  Definitely that's a LOL. With gold, a rock is a rock is a rock. :yes:

Too true

#6 crossd

crossd

• Traders-Talk User
  • 322 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:03 AM

AKG  missed a great opp at 2.50 area  3.50 now..thought gold was going lower and staying lower..

missed out for now..still not bullish on gold..

donc

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:30 AM

i step into the more speculative part of the sector. you have to do alot of research here. not all holes in the ground produce gold
or their management is capable of financing and managing a property. i had 3 miners yesterday that were up from 10to 25% . that is
just for yesterday. so its your money if you step in these waters you better do your homework or it wont be your money for long!!!!
1 balmf-http://finance.yahoo...-123000644.htmli love the location of the mine, and the
fact that they are financed. management seems to know what they are doing
2 gsv in nevada. 2 majors came in over each other and one bought 10% and the other 20% https://www.canadian...h-grade-deposit
3 those are the only gold miners i am going to mention. down the road when stuff becomes dear and folks would rather have stuff
than dollars. i think diamonds will be the place to be. i will not invest my money in s/africa. But olvrf is a north american
gold miner la sonde is on the board. the stock was over 2 in 11 . it is now in the 10-15c range. so a potential 20bagger. it has
not started moving. but in the last bull diamonds had a big move. i have been accumulating slowly over the last 2 years. knowing i
have time. and i still think we are a year or 2 away. do your own due diligence. otherwise. you could lose all you put in
dharma
one more pvg is fully financed w/an extremely high grade strike the ceo quartermaine is a well known miner having been ceo of
paas.

#8 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

Too good to share?  Definitely that's a LOL. With gold, a rock is a rock is a rock. yes.gif

Are you saying all gold mining companies will perform the same?

#9 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:09 PM

Of course not, but there are times when it's possible to spend so much time looking for the precious nugget that one misses the vein. 

Key is to be with the general market direction in SOMETHING.

Looking back, the gold stocks last bottomed on 12/15/16.  From the close of the next day, the three stocks I mentioned above have gained:  DRD, 37 percent; SBGL 35%; and SA 32%.  Those are just random returns (although DRD and SBGL have dividends too).  A quick look at the sector just now told me most gold stocks are up 30-some percent.  IAG happens to be up 41 percent. A biggie like NEM is only up 15 percent, ABX 28 percent.  RGLD, mentioned at the top of this thread, is up 16% (maybe it's going to run now and play catch up).

And I suppose there are little guys out there I have never seen nor heard of that are exploding and turning anyone who has them in lifelong gold bugs.  But so what?  Anything here is a worthy return for a month if one knows when to dig in.

By the way, NUGT and JNUG, the 3x-leveraged ETFs for the gold stocks are up 95% and 122% respectively.  Same time, same signal. Makes mining a whole lot easier.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#10 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:14 PM

Of course not, but there are times when it's possible to spend so much time looking for the precious nugget that one misses the vein. 

Key is to be with the general market direction in SOMETHING.

Looking back, the gold stocks last bottomed on 12/15/16.  From the close of the next day, the three stocks I mentioned above have gained:  DRD, 37 percent; SBGL 35%; and SA 32%.  Those are just random returns (although DRD and SBGL have dividends too).  A quick look at the sector just now told me most gold stocks are up 30-some percent.  IAG happens to be up 41 percent. A biggie like NEM is only up 15 percent, ABX 28 percent.  RGLD, mentioned at the top of this thread, is up 16% (maybe it's going to run now and play catch up).

And I suppose there are little guys out there I have never seen nor heard of that are exploding and turning anyone who has them in lifelong gold bugs.  But so what?  Anything here is a worthy return for a month if one knows when to dig in.

By the way, NUGT and JNUG, the 3x-leveraged ETFs for the gold stocks are up 95% and 122% respectively.  Same time, same signal. Makes mining a whole lot easier.

Totally agree on NUGT and JNUG. Trade them both. And I mean trade ONLY.