Spygate

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:35 AM

Former Security Chief James Clapper lies about his lie. 

Meghan McCain confronted Clapper about a statement he made while testifying before Congress five years ago, when he was asked whether or not the NSA was spying on Americans.

"In 2013 when you were asked about it, you said 'no,'" McCain said.  "So that is a lie."

"I made a mistake," Clapper said.  "I didn't lie.  I was thinking about something else, another program." 

In 2013 Sen. Ron Wyden asked Clapper: "Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions, or hundreds of millions, of Americans?"

He did not ask Clapper about a specific program.  Wyden simply asked if the NSA was collecting any data at all on millions of Americans, and Clapper said no.  As it turns out, his response was a lie, plain and simple.  Instead of fessing up and admitting that he lied before Congress five years ago, he's doubling down. 

Here's the video evidence: 

https://www.american...n_the_view.html

-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#2 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:35 AM

NSA reportedly recommends retiring phone surveillance program  

The National Security Agency has recommended the White House abandon a controversial program that collects and analyzes data on millions of Americans' domestic calls and texts, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.  

The recommendation against renewing the program represents a dramatic reversal from the longstanding position of the agency, which had argued that the program was vital to identifying and disrupting terrorist activities.

The program, which was put in place after the 2001 terrorist attacks, has legal and logistical burdens that outweigh its value to national security, sources told the Journal.  https://www.msn.com/...gram/ar-BBWg9aY

-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.