1 reply to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:37 AM

FICTION

FACT

In a dramatic two-hour hearing in Federal District Court here, prosecutors said that Ms. Butina, who is charged with conspiracy and illegally acting as an agent of the Russian government, was the point person in a calculated, long-term campaign intended to steer high-level politicians toward Moscow’s objectives. Though prosecutors did not name any party or politician, Ms. Butina’s efforts were clearly aimed at Republican leaders, especially those with White House aspirations in 2016, including Donald J. Trump.

She “should be considered on a par with other covert Russian agents,” prosecutors said in a memo.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,927 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:28 AM

Feds back away from ‘Red Sparrow’ sex claims in Maria Butina case 

Federal prosecutors have backed away from a salacious claim that Maria Butina, a Washington woman arrested for allegedly acting as a covert agent of the Russian government, had used sex to gain access to politically connected Americans.

That explosive allegation, prosecutors now say, was based on a misreading of a series of text messages between Butina and an unnamed man. Prosecutors accept that “the government’s understanding of this particular text conversation was mistaken,” according to a court filing prosecutors submitted late Friday night in Butina’s case. 

https://abcnews.go.c...ory?id=57708359

-- 

“Men think in herds and go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” 

― Charles MacKay