spx...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:33 PM

welp, imho, the longer the markets remain in this down trend, the greater the odds seem to be that the upward fractal formation was completed at the ~1229 high.

but as i said in my last update, for the time being, i'll still give the benefit of the doubt to the boolz, until such time that the fractal count can no longer have a bullish bias.

on monday i shared this chart on another forum that i sometimes visit:

Posted Image

so it appears to me that today either completed wave-iv, or wave-a:iv of a more complex stucture, though i lean towards the former.

if wave-iv is complete, then wave-v is in progress... and if that's the case, it leaves us with the possibility that wave-v is all done at today's close, or that at a minimum, there are at least two more days of downward prices. if the spx takes out today's low at anytime tomorrow, then the latter possibility would be the case.

it appears that the next lower price support would be down in the 1120s, so if tomorrow turns out to be another down day, my guess would be that the spx is going to break the 1130 level, and find support somewhere in the 1120s... though depending on how hard the decline is, the next lower level of support would likely be the big roundy, 1100.

since i mentioned the 1120s, i guess it also makes sense to mention that the 1120s appears to me to be the line in the sand for the bullish case to be able to remain in tack... a break there would suggest the target of 1100, and i suggest that a price drop to that level would bring the tentative wave-d low too far into the price territory of the wave-a to continue regarding it as an upward fractal structure.

the next coupla days could tell the tale... and as always... twt.

--tsharp

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:52 PM

Because you posted multi BB charts in the past, here's a monthly. Yours are probably better,
regards,
jmicou
http://traders-talk....topic=33355&hl=

#3 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:28 PM

perhaps another reason to not get too overly baarish just yet is the 21WMAC...

below is the daily spx with the 21WMAC, as you can see, it's approaching the first 5% deviation band below the signal line... typically, that's an area from which a bounce would occur on the first approach... but we shall see.

--tsharp

Posted Image

#4 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:40 PM

Thanks.

#5 samsung

samsung

• Traders-Talk User
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:09 AM

Hey Tim,,, thanks for the latest update..... Your charts and analysis of the Markets is just fantastic and I really appreciate the time and hard work you put into keeping us up to date !!!!!!! Your chart work is great,,,, would you comment on what charting software program and data feed that you use too produce them??????? Thanks Tim !!!!!!

#6 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:06 PM

Hey Tim,,, thanks for the latest update.....  Your charts and analysis of the Markets is just fantastic and I really appreciate the time and hard work you put into keeping us up to date !!!!!!!      Your chart work is great,,,, would you comment on what charting software program and data feed that you use too produce them??????? 

Thanks Tim !!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi samsung,

thank you for the kind words.

i really don't have an elaborate charting platform...

i use esignal data feed and the ensign platform.

the forks are one of the tools provided by ensign, the fractal labeling is all done manually... i suggest that fractal analysis is as much an art as it is a science.

some of the indicators i use are stock (canned), and some have been written for me by a code writer out in CA.

hope this helps.

--tsharp

#7 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:34 AM

look were we are..filling some gaps ?