Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:44 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 05:55 AM

:) Doug, I cannot get the thumbnails to inlarge. Something is wrong with the link.B) :cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#3 EagleTrader

EagleTrader

• TT Member
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:23 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I should have stuck this here...

Gold

#4 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:51 AM

MSS, I am so sorry -- I made an absolute hash of trying to get the images to display, late at night with my wife raging at me to get off the computer. And guess who was a Computer Science major in college 20+ years ago. :lol: :wacko: :blush:

EagleTrader, I rate a bearish outcome as a higher probability. Another possibility not shown is the five-wave decline into the February low, and that we've been making a triangle since, which would have us near the end of the 4th leg, with a final upward move to come, followed by a decline similar to the one in Dec. - Feb.

Such a triangle would be the next-to-last formation in the larger structure (basic Elliott Wave stuff), meaning that the overall down to Feb., sideways to complete the triangle, and then down again would likely end the correction from the Dec. high.

Best,

Doug

http://Posted Image

http://Posted Image

#5 TomD

TomD

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:56 AM

I think these charts capture the moment quite nicely.....Last week I sold my traders but am watching closely to see if trend-line supports holds....I guess a strong bounce off a line could be bought...or maybe wait for a break out am currently holding some gold, some energies and quite a bit of cash
Health Canada has just released a study which shows that 100% of the population who have been exposed to whole milk products will die.

#6 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 04:57 PM

Doug, Great charts and a good summary for the metal. My expectation, as I have posted for a while now is the bearish view to endure for the next few months and possibly into next year. If gold dips sub $400, I will probably move to double our physical holdings, much to my wife's consternation. If we actually see a gold triangle form, then the miners would have to respond very shortly (already beginning to anticipate the coming move in gold). No way to know for certain. All we can do now is read the charts and corresponding price action. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#7 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 06:18 PM

SilentOne:  My expectation, as I have posted for a while now is the bearish view to endure for the next few months and possibly into next year. If gold dips sub $400, I will probably move to double our physical holdings, much to my wife's consternation. If we actually see a gold triangle form, then the miners would have to respond very shortly (already beginning to anticipate the coming move in gold).  No way to know for certain. All we can do now is read the charts and corresponding price action.

Hi John, --In the long run I do not see how gold will not go up a lot in terms of the US Dollar. But to correct the three-year move up into last December's peak for a year or more would not be surprising -- there's lots of people thinking about the Dollar, the debt, etc., who are saying "gold's gotta go up..." I love talking about this stuff but you're right -- the charts and price action is everything.

Even if we are in a triangle, it could complete and then there could be a brief thrust up around the December peak or higher, to end the move up from 2001. Then we could have a substantial bear market. That would sure snooker a bunch of people. For now I think the bearish case is higher probability (and of course what I think may be worthless).

There was a guy named Ken "Midas" Romanov who used to post here, and back in 2001 I bought some gold stock, even when the chart looked crappy, quite a bit on his analysis. He'd been somewhat of a permabull on gold but he was making good points 4 years ago. Sold it last October, and now I think it's time to be watching the charts pretty closely again.

Best,

Doug

#8 Slothrop

Slothrop

• TT Member
  • 625 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:08 PM

On the bullish e-wave count, E would be some kind of pivot above the C. We might have done it this week.

#9 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:50 PM

Hey Slothrop,

E could indeed end above C. The decline of the last month looks best as five waves to me, so I also see a possible 5-3-5 correction from December, with the "3" being a comparitively long-in-terms-of-time abc, as in the bearish count chart. This could be all the larger "C" wave we get, going down from the June high. This would give us a "triangle" for all practicality, and the upward trend should resume.

I doubt that, but you never know, and here I just have to wait. Good example of how Elliott Wave often isn't much as a stand-alone indicator. Overall, the longer we go sideways the more bullish the longer-term picture looks to me, as the correction is gaining on the rally from 2001 in percentage of time.

Doug

#10 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:23 PM

i did not think motive waves appeared in triangles?