SIMO

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:40 AM

Breaking above it's all-time high of 16 today on much greater than its average daily volume.

#2 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:00 PM

Thanks John. How do you decide a target, when a stock with such a short history breaks its all-time high?
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#3 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:42 PM

Hi Greenie,

Let me interject, if I may. Unless one has a crystal ball, (and a darn good one, too!), I don't think target projections are worth much in such cases.

Posted Image

SIMO reminds me of this next chart:

Posted Image

I realize there is no scale, but does there really need to be? How much higher is it going to go? Lots and lots of issues that have mega-moves start out like that. Uptrend City. Ain't no guarantees, and SIMO might tank on the morrow. Yet IMO situations like this are where you let your profits run. If one wants to buy, lots of times it'll go up a bit, then come back down and kiss the old highs, around the $16 level in this case. And sometimes it won't come back down. Sometimes it's best to buy right now and hold on.

Best,

Doug

Posted Image

#4 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:46 PM

Thanks Doug. I am planning to hold, unless this tree shakes me off the branch :).

#5 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:35 PM

In a situation where the stock has been trading for less than a year, I don't set a target. I watch the sector index closely and set a target for that. Then, when the sector hits the target, I unload the newbie with the rest of them. If I can't find a specific sector, then I watch the sector that's most closely related. Does that make sense?

#6 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:49 PM

SIMO up 9% today. Took half a profit.

#7 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 07:40 AM

Stopped out on the other half last week at 14.75...but now it's back to support, looks interesting again.

#8 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:28 AM

Thx John for the update. I got out at the first sign of trouble...now it looks interesting.