http://www.gold-eagl...rphy021004.html

Along with today:

Canadian Zinc up 7%
CDE 5%
SSRI 5%
SRLM 10%
Silvercrest 8%

I bought some SVL, CZN, SSRI.
This looks like the breakouts we saw last June - Nov.
Any comments on the above article would be
apppreciated.

#2 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:14 PM

since Dec. when the XAU/HUI double topped, silver stocks have outperformed gold stocks. gold stocks been making "lower highs lower lows" while silver stocks been making "higher highs higher lows". As of today, most silvers are making new 52 week highs, thus proving the patterns. the long term gold/silver ratio is reverting back in favor of silver, since gold has been doing better the past 2 years. for the s/t, this rally that started last friday appears to be "over", mostly for gold stocks, not sure about silver stocks. but today's action suggest to lighten up or wait to buy until this current s/t sell signal is over.

#3 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:25 PM

oh yeah... the article...read it last night. it sounds true... but sometimes the 'price movement' can take time, whoever knows. but the way silver stocks have been holding up better than gold stocks speaks some truth about the article. still always put stop loss orders in case, they are wrong or misinformed.

#4 rono

rono

• Traders-Talk User
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 09:06 AM

Good article and it is very believable. I've long been much heavier in silver than gold, but playing both heavily for a couple of years. Currently, CDE and SRLM have been my outperformers, but always looking. Had success with a few funds that were mixed precious metals RYPMX, UNWPX and TGLDX. Have to check their current holdings, but at one time TGLDX actually had a top ten position in silver bullion. However, I still see the miners as having the greatest upside potential and silver as much more upside than gold. Witness the late 70's when gold doubled, but silver went up tenfold. thanks, rono