HUI Gann

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

There is only one level to watch now. Anything else is superfluous ... HI_Gann_10_year.png

Edited by SilentOne, 30 April 2010 - 10:14 PM.

"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#2 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:46 PM

I agree, gracias amigo. Senor

#3 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:37 AM

There is only one level to watch now. Anything else is superfluous ...

HI_Gann_10_year.png

Here's Merriman's weekly column..you can read the rest of it pertaining to the rest of the market at the link below...It's an interesting article for those who follow financial astrology. What I like about Merriman is his balance in his writing. I highlighted pertaining to gold. By the way, his next turn date for gold and possibly the rest of the market is May 20th...plus/minus 3 days..this lines up with Laundry too. Also, his mid band reversal for Mercury retrograde (excluding gold) for the markets lines up around Laundry's low around Wednesday.

In other markets, the Dollar soared last week. Yet in another example of Saturn in opposition to Uranus, Gold did not go opposite the Dollar. Typically Gold will go in the direction of currencies against the Dollar, because it is sold in U.S. Dollars throughout the world. But not this time, and also not with Mercury retrograde. With Uranus involved, and Mercury retrograde, nothing goes as expected, and things happen that are unexpected. Gold and the value of the U.S. Dollar are de-coupling their historic inverse relationship as the yellow metal rises against all currencies now, including the U.S. Dollar. This simply points to another fact supported by the principles of Saturn in opposition to Uranus: world finances are in a state of crisis. Gold performs well in such a crisis. It is approaching the $1200 mark again as the week ended, not that far from its all-time high of $1227.

Short-Term Geocosmics

We are now right in the middle of the three-week Mercury retrograde time band of April 19-May 11. As stated last week, “The middle of that period can also coincide with a market reversal, +/- 2 trading days. That equates to Friday, April 30. The rule is that any market that did not reverse around the time of the retrograde date will usually have a sudden turn around the middle of the retrograde period. It is very rare that a market makes it all the way through Mercury retrograde without a reversal of some importance.” As we look at various markets, we will note that currencies against the U.S. Dollar have been in a down trend and U.S. Treasuries and Gold in an uptrend. However, in the case of Gold, it did make a reversal from a low right at the time of the retrograde, so it need not be affected by the mid-Mercury reversal phenomenon.
http://www.stariq.com/MarketWeek.HTM

Thanks for the chart, John.

Irene

#4 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:10 AM

Hi all, I haven't posted much lately, but I thought this was an important juncture and the HUI is dealing with a very important level. For dougie and others that are not familiar with Gann methods, I'll add the following commmentary. I generated three HUI Gann levels a long time ago. Add 35 (HUI all time low) and 144 to get 179. Add 144 again to get 323. Add 144 a third time to get 467. These levels also show up on a 144 Gann square grid. These are the red lines on the chart above. There is nothing magical here. With Gann charts you look for areas that can become support and resistance. That includes the Gann fan lines drawn from the 2000 lows. The HUI 179 level was easily overcome early in the HUI bull, but became important support in 2004 and 2005. A major battle was fought for HUI 323 in 2006 and 2007. Now the HUI is dealing with the 467 level. You can see how the 179 level became support in late 2008 and how the 323 level failed to hold on that devastating decline. It can't get any simpler than this. You basically need 2 monthly closes or a clear break above 467 that holds to get a clean breakout. As I see it, this level is big resistance and needs to be overcome. Hope that helps. cheers, john

Edited by SilentOne, 01 May 2010 - 09:13 AM.

"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:12 AM

john this is an astute observation, and yes there may be other techniques to come to this conclusion. however, using several different gann techniques this is the #for the hui that has flashing lights. i do cycles of the low. and 467marks the end of the 10th cycle its a biggie. i do expect some consolidation here to make a thrust @this #. the miners have been spinning their wheels this week. starting the day like gangbusters, only to give a big %back as the day progress'. however, they are not the lead dog the metal is and @some point in this rise they will gain footing. this is also in the merriman piece: Another geocosmic factor to watch for this week is the entrance of heliocentric (not geocentric) Mercury into Sagittarius, May 6-17. This is a signature of sharp price moves, especially in precious metals, and usually upwards, for at least 3-9 trading days. Usually it is not so bullish for stocks. i have stuff on the 10th of may as well. something ugly is going to come to the fore! i have good profits and i am willing to let them run, as i believe gold will make new highs. that chart posted by wxman is a powerful sling shot. take out the highs in the miners and you have something going. the harmonics that i follow for gold top in the 2/3 of june. dharma

#6 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:20 PM

thanks john and Dharma!