• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Geomean, 30 November 2011 - 02:38 PM.

Opportunity knocks on your door every day-answer it.

#2 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

I should have noted that we will likely get a print of the completion of TD Wave A at today's close, if price continues to exceed the price of the 7 prior days. That will then permit a price projection for Wave B, which will calculate on the close.

#3 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

I should have noted that we will likely get a print of the completion of TD Wave A at today's close, if price continues to exceed the price of the 7 prior days. That will then permit a price projection for Wave B, which will calculate on the close.

Hello Geo,

Wave A was the down move and Wave B is the up move in progress, right?

#4 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

Hello Geo,

Wave A was the down move and Wave B is the up move in progress, right?

Hi Doc

Correct. Wave A, is a down wave. It is .618 x the number of days to establish the high. [ I use the TD-Wave™ 'up' wave setting as it seems to fit the best].

Now it gets interesting. As Tom notes, once the first wave is complete, "... it is possible to estimate price objectives by multiplying the first wave by various Fibonacci numbers, such as 1.618, 2.618 and 3.618 ..." The New Science of Technical Analysis", p. 106.

The current 1.618 fib projection of the range of Wave 1 is 82.49 for DGP, shown with the gold crosses at the top of the chart.

#5 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

Thanks Geo. I am long DGP, so I appreciate the analysis. I was looking to add at 53.50 last week but it never got down that low.