Buy Signal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

I had forgotten to make this post last week, but we did get a Precious Metals Bullish Percent Index buy signal on August 14th.

Now, the breadth numbers on the PM and XAU are not showing classic directional leadership at this point, but they have been stable enough now for the last 3 weeks to where the spot market can continue to climb in price. Canadian issues have also been strong of late, as well as, the Australian market where both have close ties to precious and semi precious metals mining. And least we not forget the recent downgrades in the mining stocks by Moody's on the 7/25 and, of course, the timely reverse split we recently saw in NUGT which always seems to happen right before important turning points.

So...it would now appear that the late June lows did indeed turn out to be our exhaustion lows having missed the Fibonacci target of $1156 by only $24.00 (less than 2%) in the price of gold, and the tradable bottom that we were looking for this month evidently came in with the August 6th shake out.

For now, let's look for the current rally to continue back up to the declining tops line seen on the chart at about the $1475 level, and hopefully by then, the internals will be in a much better position to support gold's effort to actually break above this line of negative influence with the first goal of challenging the $1800 level.

Fib

Posted Image

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions