• 3,452 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 04:40 PM

Here's something to think about.

Posted Image

Sharefin SLG100

No cheerleading here. :)

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#2 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 04:52 PM

Corrected chart. should have read 11/04 high. Annoying that one can't edit after 10 minutes or so of posting.

Posted Image
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#3 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:44 PM

Intersting Silent: Would you care to play the devils advocate now and make a case opposing your own view to be flat here? For me the divergence here between HUI and gold is the real concern, but Paulys post above may indded make a fundamental case for why that could be so...though i am leery of its diffent this time arguments

#4 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:26 PM

Intersting Silent:
Would you care to play the devils advocate now and make a case opposing your own view to be flat here?
For me the divergence here between HUI and gold is the real concern, but Paulys post above may indded make a fundamental case for why that could be so...though i am leery of its diffent this time arguments

dougie,

I have found over time it is better to be flat and watching the PM market when I sense undue risk. I don't feel like the market will run away from me. And even if it goes up 10% from here, I can always wait for the larger inevitable correction to reestablish positions. The metals will clearly outperform the miners here into whatever top that comes. So the upside appears limited.

cheers,

john