4 replies to this topic

#1 jack

jack

• Traders-Talk User
  • 907 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 01:12 PM

Just for fun.

Here is a chart of gold and spx
in the currency in which I buy my groceries.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD:$CDW&p=W&yr=2&mn=11&dy=0&i=p63498656195.png

#2 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

Good to see how sobering the USD silde is for investment decision making. The "breakout" in gold in CAD has yet to occur, but the weakness of the USD virtually assures that gold will climb in all currecies. The dollar serves, if only as an example of what a weak currency can do for the demand of commodies. When Americans wakeup and flock into gold it will be a sight to behold no matter what currency you happen to hold. By the way, I lost my tail in Canadian unit energy trusts when your government went insane recently. The pronosis is still in doubt, so watch carefully your legistures just can not abide success and will kill anything that is working including the Looney. Islander. :redbull:

#3 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:43 PM

Hey as long as they keep taking that worthless paper for food, keep doing it. Save your gold.
If it can be cornered, it will.

#4 jack

jack

• Traders-Talk User
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:15 PM

By the way, I lost my tail in Canadian unit energy trusts when your government went insane recently.

I cant explain most of policies by the Harper Government but the gassy trusts are shunned enough
right now I'm recently in. Sort of inadvertently betting on a small USD bounce.

BTW it was the SPX in CAD that really shook me. It is so extremely down with American traders
talking new highs I'm thinking there is a big trade here. Which way, dunno.

#5 jack

jack

• Traders-Talk User
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:26 PM

Hey as long as they keep taking that worthless paper for food, keep doing it. Save your gold.

Paper is popular with criminals, maybe it will return to the main stream in a more nervous culture.