Photo

PM's and commodities down! US Dollar up!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:32 AM

COMMODITIES AND PM'S

US DOLLAR

Peace
johngeorge

#2 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:50 AM

COMMODITIES AND PM'S

US DOLLAR

some are not surprised, is it a brief interlude or a trend change is what is muy importante

NO BS

Senor

#3 Gold3600

Gold3600

• Traders-Talk User
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:27 AM

COMMODITIES AND PM'S

US DOLLAR

some are not surprised, is it a brief interlude or a trend change is what is muy importante

NO BS

Senor

The gap down in GLD has me thinking a correction but the Weekly MACD turn down in SA and GOLD has me thinking trend change?

#4 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:53 AM

COMMODITIES AND PM'S

US DOLLAR

NO BS

Senor

The gap down in GLD has me thinking a correction but the Weekly MACD turn down in SA and GOLD has me thinking trend change?

Si, it's rarely easy amigo.

NO BS

Senor

#5 souelle6

souelle6

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:09 AM

@Gold 3600... It seems to me that Gold often gets short term pressure when markets dip as clerks liquidate holdings to meet margin calls on an ugly day & the US dollar undergoes some correction... In addition, you'd have to think that real weakness in gold price would be pro risk, and bullish for the trend
"It's not the thinkin' that makes the money, it's the sittin' and waitin' that makes the money" -- J.L

#6 goldswinger

goldswinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:08 AM

I don't know how can selling gold/gold shares relieve margin pressure issues. The gold market cap is less than 5% of the overall market cap, it is utterly insignificant. The wekly MACD cross is very significant. GS.

Edited by goldswinger, 17 August 2009 - 11:09 AM.

#7 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:32 AM

to be usre we are at an interesting juncture as the door is WIDE open for this correction to be REAL. New lows?

#8 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:50 AM

to be usre we are at an interesting juncture as the door is WIDE open for this correction to be REAL. New lows?

we will know soon, Senor thinks south of the border but has tightened stops to bueno profitable levels. Bearish but not cocky.

BSing away

Senor

#9 souelle6

souelle6

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:12 PM

we will know soon, Senor thinks south of the border but has tightened stops to bueno profitable levels. Bearish but not cocky.

BSing away

Senor

987 stop senor?
"It's not the thinkin' that makes the money, it's the sittin' and waitin' that makes the money" -- J.L

#10 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:43 PM

BSing away

Senor

987 stop senor?

Huh? you mean 987 in gold? no way Jose, I will not give the stop but it's below 955.

BSing away

Senor