best,
klh

#2 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:07 PM

Agreed. Whats surprising is that it doesn't happen more. Many of our troops are under immense pyschological pressure, having been on tour 2 , 3, or 4 times, in a few short years, and fighting an enemy that is not clearly an enemy or easy to identify as such. There are many issues with this war, as any war, but its a highly undefinable mission, without clear objectives, no timeline, and it could go on forever. And their are no clear victories or results. And the country is back here, citizens perhaps hardly thinking about the men and women who protect us, and they are just trying to survive the economy, job loss or foreclosures. The price the families and extended families of our military pays is very high. Given the circumstances, their morale is unreal how these people can do this. But sometimes I beleive our government leaders forget they are only human, and people do have breaking points. Its clear this persons point of breaking was far sooner than anyone imagined or could detect. They deserve our prayers and support. May the good lord bless them all !
OTIS.

#3 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:44 AM

http://www.king5.com...s-69308842.html

dasein
i think it shines light on something we as a nation are not talking about,
the long term mental effects on soldiers of combat. if we just ship off
our young kids to combat zones and expect then to return mentally
unscathed we are delusional. i am a vietnam era vet and everybody i
know who saw action has been mentally affected. my borther in law to this
day cannot sleep thru the night, my sons girlfriends dad has flashbacks
that can only be controlled by smoking medical marijuana and many others
i know who were messed up because of the experience.
feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#4 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:11 AM

There is NO QUESTION that any and all war is H.E.L.L. and some are more necessary and horrible than others. That said other factors need to be addressed and considered.

I am going to tread very carefully here but everybody needs to keep in mind one fact that is being somewhat "squashed" by the media.

"In an interview with The Washington Post, Hasan's aunt, Noel Hasan of Falls Church, Va., said he had been harassed about being a Muslim in the years after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks and he wanted out of the Army."

LINK TO ARTICLE

Other troubling facts are disclosed in the article. The signs were there, just as in several of the past mass killings, at schools, collages, and businesses.

ONCE AGAIN, guns do not kill people, people who are unstable or have some ideology, with guns kill people.

As far as young people seeing the horror of war and death and saying no war is ever useful, keep in mind that 400,000+ young people died out of some 8,000,000 who served to give us the freedom that we have today. We must be careful that we are not misled or guided buy beliefs that threaten our freedom - what ever they may be.

mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#5 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

i have no problem with war for a real purpose. i never got the purpose of the war in iraq. afghanistan i got. also one of the big objections i personally have is this children from affluent families do not serve. personally i have a problem with that but that's my last comment. we tread in deep waters with this subject
feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#6 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

Political correctness strikes again

Major Nidal Malik Hasan, the gunman who killed 13 at America's Fort Hood military base, once gave a lecture to other doctors in which he said non-believers should be beheaded and have boiling oil poured down their throats.

Fellow doctors have recounted how they were repeatedly harangued by Hasan about religion and that he openly claimed to be a "Muslim first and American second."

One Army doctor who knew him said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim soldier had stopped fellow officers from filing formal complaints.

http://isteve.blogsp...ikes-again.html
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#7 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:40 PM

One Army doctor who knew him said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim soldier had stopped fellow officers from filing formal complaints.

Don't you just love multiculturalism?

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#8 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:50 PM

"Wake up folks...you're next. Fib" next for what, might I ask? mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#9 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:27 AM

Political correctness strikes again

Major Nidal Malik Hasan, the gunman who killed 13 at America's Fort Hood military base, once gave a lecture to other doctors in which he said non-believers should be beheaded and have boiling oil poured down their throats.

Fellow doctors have recounted how they were repeatedly harangued by Hasan about religion and that he openly claimed to be a "Muslim first and American second."

http://isteve.blogsp...ikes-again.html

ALSO -- -- as reported by the likes of ABC news Link, the Washington Post, and the New York Times --

**He has been on the watch list of the Joint Task Force on Terrorism (FBI) since 1998.
**E-mail to (AT LEAST) a known Al Qaeda recruiter has been intercepted....more contacts with others may have been also.--
(an American born IMAM -- now in Yemem -- who headed a Mosque in Alexandria VA where 2 of the 9/11 perps attended)
**He is reported to have cheered when he heard about the Army recruiter killed by a American Muslim convert in Arkansas.

It goes on.....

ARMY intelligence knew ALL of this -- and much more -- before he was sent to Fort Hood, yet they "just watched".

Political Correctness is killing people, literally!!

This guy did NOT "snap", he just became more radicalized until he bacame a true jihadist.

Edited by *JB*, 10 November 2009 - 12:31 AM.

"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#10 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:34 AM

This guy did NOT "snap", he just became more radicalized until he became a true jihadist.

No...he was our enemy from the get go...we allowed this to happen.

next for what, might I ask?

Beware of the enemy within...the act of sedition (and/or treason) can cripple a country and its people if not do away with it altogether.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions