Merriman Weekly Column

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

Seems like Dharma's new gold cycle is lining up with Mecury going Helio Saggi...

http://www.mmacycles...vember-1,-2010/

Precious metals fell into the middle of the week, with Gold down to 1318 and Silver to 2316, well off their highs of 1388 and 2495 back on October 14-15 respectively. But they started to recover again after Wednesday’s lows, just in time for heliocentric Mercury moving into Sagittarius. That’s the norm for precious metals to start a rally near the beginning of this ingress. Traders of our daily reports have done very well, getting long in the 1260’s on September 11, getting out and going short on the highs around 1380 two weeks ago, covering and returning to the long side again in the past week around 1320. Gold closed at 1357.50. Thank you Financial Astrology and our understanding of the history to Mars in Scorpio

Also, I dont know if you all follow Parker who Terry Laundry references but here is his update on Gold too regarding the T money flow projecting up until mid Dec.

http://position-sizi...ney-flow-t.html

Have a great weekend and thanks Dharma for your cycle updates.

TM

Edited by tradermama, 29 October 2010 - 06:31 PM.

#2 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

Seems like Dharma's new gold cycle is lining up with Mecury going Helio Saggi...

http://www.mmacycles...vember-1,-2010/

Precious metals fell into the middle of the week, with Gold down to 1318 and Silver to 2316, well off their highs of 1388 and 2495 back on October 14-15 respectively. But they started to recover again after Wednesday’s lows, just in time for heliocentric Mercury moving into Sagittarius. That’s the norm for precious metals to start a rally near the beginning of this ingress. Traders of our daily reports have done very well, getting long in the 1260’s on September 11, getting out and going short on the highs around 1380 two weeks ago, covering and returning to the long side again in the past week around 1320. Gold closed at 1357.50. Thank you Financial Astrology and our understanding of the history to Mars in Scorpio

Also, I dont know if you all follow Parker who Terry Laundry references but here is his update on Gold too regarding the T money flow projecting up until mid Dec.

http://position-sizi...ney-flow-t.html

Have a great weekend and thanks Dharma for your cycle updates.

TM

thanks traderama
dharma

#3 Ken

Ken

• Traders-Talk User
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:23 AM

I'd be very careful here. In Merriman's most recent Weekly Gold & Silver report he does state that heliocentric Mercury in Sagittarius is bullish for precious metals and lasts until November 9th. However, that doesn't mean gold & silver will rally the entire time up to November 9th. Sometimes the rally only lasts 3 trading days. Anyway, Merriman's concern is that Mars in Sagittarius usually indicates a sharp drop in gold and he's concerned what will happen after November 9th. We just might see a double top form in gold this week and then put in a primary cycle low later in November or December. This is the 14th week of the primary cycle as measured from the lows of July 28, 2010. Primary cycles measured from low to low are usually 15 to 21 weeks in duration.

#4 Ken

Ken

• Traders-Talk User
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:34 AM

Also, take a look at this 60 minute chart of GDX. It's very clear that the blue trend line from the lows of late July has been broken to the downside and now acts as resistance to any moves up. Again I'm guessing a double top unless GDX can break out above $59.

http://stockcharts.c...4691&r=9474.png

#5 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:36 AM

Also, take a look at this 60 minute chart of GDX. It's very clear that the blue trend line from the lows of late July has been broken to the downside and now acts as resistance to any moves up. Again I'm guessing a double top unless GDX can break out above $59.

http://stockcharts.c...4691&r=9474.png

Thanks Ken - I too believe that there is a good chance of one more down for this correction (a-b-c). If so what's the chance that the bulk of the correction completes this week and Nov 9th turns out to be a low?

stubaby

#6 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:01 AM

I'd be very careful here. In Merriman's most recent Weekly Gold & Silver report he does state that heliocentric Mercury in Sagittarius is bullish for precious metals and lasts until November 9th. However, that doesn't mean gold & silver will rally the entire time up to November 9th. Sometimes the rally only lasts 3 trading days. Anyway, Merriman's concern is that Mars in Sagittarius usually indicates a sharp drop in gold and he's concerned what will happen after November 9th.

We just might see a double top form in gold this week and then put in a primary cycle low later in November or December. This is the 14th week of the primary cycle as measured from the lows of July 28, 2010. Primary cycles measured from low to low are usually 15 to 21 weeks in duration.

Thanks Ken. I appreciate your updates. Do you know if Merriman is having any webcasts coming up soon? I didn't see it in his column yet and was just wondering. I have ordered his 2011 Forecast book. I always look forward to that.

TM

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

you know corrections are always possible and part of the natural process. the question comes, do you want depreciating cash or appreciating gold. i am talking about the large trends. how many times have all of us waited for that 5th wave down to come and then missed the upmove. or waited for that one more correction which never came. i know that i am not smart enough or skilled enough to catch every wiggle. but, i know that if i am w/the trend sooner or later my boat will be carried higher. almost everyday here , my accounts make new forever highs. to each his own. there are stocks even here and now that look interesting right here . one i bought this am aqarf looks interesting to me . anyway to each his own. jimmys 1650 by jan 11 is bold , but will prove to be conservative as the public chomps @the bit above the highs. major events the mid terms tomorrow and the fed on wednesday dharma

#8 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:39 AM

you know corrections are always possible and part of the natural process. the question comes, do you want depreciating cash or appreciating gold. i am talking about the large trends. how many times have all of us waited for that 5th wave down to come and then missed the upmove. or waited for that one more correction which never came. i know that i am not smart enough or skilled enough to catch every wiggle. but, i know that if i am w/the trend sooner or later my boat will be carried higher. almost everyday here , my accounts make new forever highs.
to each his own. there are stocks even here and now that look interesting right here . one i bought this am aqarf looks interesting to me .
anyway to each his own.
jimmys 1650 by jan 11 is bold , but will prove to be conservative
as the public chomps @the bit above the highs.
major events
the mid terms tomorrow
and the fed on wednesday
dharma

I totally agree with your outlook Dharma. I"ve been accumulating today and will keep doing the same on any dips. This is the real bull market.
TM

#9 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:07 PM

i just want to add here, obviously i dont know how this is going to shake out,i am buying alittle every day. from here on out. the 18th venus goes direct. the top for gold was oct 14 . venus retrograde on the 8th. i dont know how this is going to shake out, so i am buying alittle every day i am fairly certain this thing is going to blast off though dharma

#10 Ken

Ken

• Traders-Talk User
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:52 AM

Thanks Ken. I appreciate your updates. Do you know if Merriman is having any webcasts coming up soon? I didn't see it in his column yet and was just wondering. I have ordered his 2011 Forecast book. I always look forward to that.

As far as I know there are no upcoming webcasts. I also ordered his 2011 Forecast book.

One thing that everyone should know is that Merriman also has the 111 week cycle low for silver due within 19 weeks of Dec 17, 2010. That means anytime between now and April 2011. When that 111 week cycle low occurs silver will likely give back most of the gains it has made since late July of this year. I would imagine that gold too would pullback substantially when silver puts in that cycle low but who knows.