Losing face

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

I guess the lesson is "Don't issue your IPO in the face of a falling NYSI." I guess another lesson is "Short when the market tells you, cover when the stock tells you."

Good luck and good trading.

http://stockcharts.c...43886412234.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 Rite01

Rite01

• Traders-Talk User
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

diogenes227 A friend who trades all kinds of bonds mentioned major U.S. IP0’s over 2 billion offered in the fall have a 66% chance of being up 6 months later and those offered in spring/summer months have an 81% chance of being down. Earlier in the year Mr. Market tends to be upbeat so initial pricing higher while fall months generally less optimism as a possible reason for this seasonality occurrence. FB so far looks to be a great example

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

diogenes227

A friend who trades all kinds of bonds mentioned major U.S. IP0’s over 2 billion offered in the fall have a 66% chance of being up 6 months later and those offered in spring/summer months have an 81% chance of being down.

Earlier in the year Mr. Market tends to be upbeat so initial pricing higher while fall months generally less optimism as a possible reason for this seasonality occurrence. FB so far looks to be a great example

Interesting observation. Do you know of some other examples?

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 Rite01

Rite01

• Traders-Talk User
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

diogenes227

A friend who trades all kinds of bonds mentioned major U.S. IP0’s over 2 billion offered in the fall have a 66% chance of being up 6 months later and those offered in spring/summer months have an 81% chance of being down.

Earlier in the year Mr. Market tends to be upbeat so initial pricing higher while fall months generally less optimism as a possible reason for this seasonality occurrence. FB so far looks to be a great example

Interesting observation. Do you know of some other examples?