Gold rebounds and then drops

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:23 AM

An ealry but small rebound and then down again imho. No long trading position in Gold yet but a small long Silver trading position was filled @ $16.25 -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#2 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

Tria, Do you have any price and time targets on the gold bounce up or did we already see it this morning? Russ
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#3 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:18 PM

Tria,

Do you have any price and time targets on the gold bounce up or did we already see it this morning?

Russ

Russ,

Tomorrow is March futures OPEX, so pobably they want Gold to close as near to the $1,200 level as possible.
I am afraid that the gold bounce will be short lived, just a few days and with no great potential price wise. JMHO

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#4 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:50 PM

Tria,

Do you have any price and time targets on the gold bounce up or did we already see it this morning?

Russ

Russ,

Tomorrow is March futures OPEX, so pobably they want Gold to close as near to the $1,200 level as possible.
I am afraid that the gold bounce will be short lived, just a few days and with no great potential price wise. JMHO

-tria

Should be good shorting opportunity then, perhaps heading into another summer low which should be the final low.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#5 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:45 PM

Tria,

Russ

Russ,

-tria

Should be good shorting opportunity then, perhaps heading into another summer low which should be the final low.

Probably Russ a falling wedge since September 2013???
However do not like the fact that one too many are waiting for the same outcome, thus no shorting for me etheir.
Prefer to go day by day, week by week and watch the COTS, OBV, OI, put/call ratios and other esoteric indicators.

http://stockcharts.c...p...7&cmd=print

-tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#6 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:47 PM

Tria,

Russ

Russ,

-tria

However do not like the fact that one too many are waiting for the same outcome, thus no shorting for me etheir.
Prefer to go day by day, week by week and watch the COTS, OBV, OI, put/call ratios and other esoteric indicators.

-tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#7 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:58 PM

I am still showing Platinum, Copper, Oil forming major lows in the coming months while the US dollar index will form a major high and the Euro should bottom towards the end of this year.

This Platinum chart has very strong confirmed trends on it for a big low this summer, these are confirmed long term trends on multiple time frames which are extremely unlikely to be violated and there is of course Mr. Armstrong's computer which is predicting the same thing and he/it is usually correct.

Posted Image

#8 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:59 PM

I have trends on gdx for a high at the end of this week so that seems to fix what you see Tria, that should be followed by a June low for gdx which for gdx is not that confirmed yet but since the other commodities i mentioned are showing lows for this summer then that will probably be correct too. Notice how gdx came to just the top of the first wave up on this latest pullback, so perhaps the final fifth wave up could happen now but there is not much time left as you said so maybe just a test of the Jan high.

Posted Image

#9 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:17 AM

A small long position in Gold was filled @ $1,196 now. Just for a short term trade or even a day trade. -tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#10 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:55 PM

Tria,

Russ

Russ,

-tria

-tria

tria , what are the lines set @ in this cycle? thanks
dharma