• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 05:47 PM

From the link:

Haven’t done much in this sector for a couple of years since Trump started promising to bail out the companies with taxpayer subsidies, but in recognition how much time and how many times I spent shorting these stocks in the past I’d like to wave good-bye to CLD, Cloud Peak Energy, the latest in a long line of stocks in this dying sector flushing sharehold equity down the shaft — Patriot Coal, Walter, Energy, Peabody Coal (bankrupt and reorganized), Arch Coal (bankrupt and reorganized), Westmoreland Coal.

For the charts and maybe some timely shorts going foward:

WAVING GOODBYE TO CLD

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:42 AM

And now it's official.

Cloud Peak files bankruptcy

From the link:

Haven’t done much in this sector for a couple of years since Trump started promising to bail out the companies with taxpayer subsidies, but in recognition how much time and how many times I spent shorting these stocks in the past I’d like to wave good-bye to CLD, Cloud Peak Energy, the latest in a long line of stocks in this dying sector flushing sharehold equity down the shaft — Patriot Coal, Walter, Energy, Peabody Coal (bankrupt and reorganized), Arch Coal (bankrupt and reorganized), Westmoreland Coal.

For the charts and maybe some timely shorts going foward:

WAVING GOODBYE TO CLD

And now it's official.

Cloud Peak files bankruptcy

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:55 AM

And next on the Chapter 11 list? 

Probably CNX and/or SXC, but, oh my, could it be BTU...AGAIN!

It's all just a matter of time.