Photo

It sure gets quiet here when 3 of 3 of 3 refuses to appear . . .

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 scott in Wisconsin

scott in Wisconsin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:22 PM

I still have XAU 150 sept puts, and I'm short SA from 13.80. Near-term Trend still seems nicely down to me. Lots of the metals stock charts look fugly to me. Scott

#2 lhslancers3270

lhslancers3270

• Traders-Talk User
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:24 PM

I still have XAU 150 sept puts, and I'm short SA from 13.80.

Near-term Trend still seems nicely down to me.

Lots of the metals stock charts look fugly to me.

Scott

I don't know if we get that low but it looks sick from here as well.

#3 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:36 PM

scott you have the direction correct. but, i doubt we see those #s . dharma

#4 gvc

gvc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:25 PM

Why do you quit posting when gold stocks rally?

#5 DIVOT

DIVOT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:35 PM

darn, long and wrong again. :( Wonder where we will be in 10 days. :wacko: I think above where we are now.. :redbull: Good luck to any other longs. Paul

#6 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:07 AM

Hi scott,

... when 3 of 3 of 3 refuses to appear ...

I don't know about a 3-3-3, but gold should rally to a high in Sept. That's what I have been planning and will be disappointed if we sell out here in August. The next 2 weeks should be very firm. Of course, I have been wrong before. :(

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#7 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:24 AM

Long term charts show postive divergence in every name just about. The new info about this just being a short term rally coming up(who knows which wave this is) and then after that testing the lows at 248 before we get an obscenely powerful 3 of 3 makes sense. There just does not seem enough underlying pressure to rocket launch for months here.

#8 gvc

gvc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 409 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

Hi scott,

... when 3 of 3 of 3 refuses to appear ...

I don't know about a 3-3-3, but gold should rally to a high in Sept. That's what I have been planning and will be disappointed if we sell out here in August. The next 2 weeks should be very firm. Of course, I have been wrong before. :(

cheers,

john

My next cycle guess for a gold crest is around 9/12 give or take a day. I have a target that exceeds the May highs but now I'm beginning to doubt that occurance give there are less than 20 trading days left to accoumplish that big of a move, but ya never know when it comes to the golden bull.

#9 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:34 AM

we are in a generational bull market in gold. these things take time and patience. in 79 there were many 50 dollar limit up days. we havent seen anything like that yet. my strategy isnt to try and play every wiggle. but to hold 2/3 position, at the least , all the time. putting limits of days for performance will never yield results. trade if you like, but hold some in a long term account. we are very early in this game! patience is the name of the game. dharma

#10 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:06 PM

gvc,

My next cycle guess for a gold crest is around 9/12 give or take a day. I have a target that exceeds the May highs but now I'm beginning to doubt that occurance give there are less than 20 trading days left to accoumplish that big of a move, but ya never know when it comes to the golden bull.

Astro also says we should break upward here anyday now. We'll see.

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain