Canada Energt Trusts? - Si si

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:35 PM

Senor doing some buying today in some quality Canadian Energy trusts that look like they are finishing grande secular bull market corrections. Do you own due diligence amigos. BS ALL THE WAY Senor

Edited by senorBS, 07 November 2006 - 02:40 PM.

#2 Guest_aga128_*

Guest_aga128_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:53 PM

Senor doing some buying today in some quality Canadian Energy trusts that look like they are finishing grande secular bull market corrections. Do you own due diligence amigos.

BS ALL THE WAY

Senor

Thanks so much for all your posts , senor! It's greatly appreciated. Regarding to canada energy trusts, do you see the new tax proposal not passed at all? If indeed it passed, I feel it will have significant damaging effect on the whole sector, and valuation will be lower during this uncertainty.

#3 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:57 PM

Senor doing some buying today in some quality Canadian Energy trusts that look like they are finishing grande secular bull market corrections. Do you own due diligence amigos.

BS ALL THE WAY

Senor

Thanks so much for all your posts , senor! It's greatly appreciated. Regarding to canada energy trusts, do you see the new tax proposal not passed at all? If indeed it passed, I feel it will have significant damaging effect on the whole sector, and valuation will be lower during this uncertainty.

Why do you think some of these stocks are down 30-40% from their highs? Senor deals in price patterns and technicals and likes the oil and gas sector long term. If it is not for you then just avoid.

PURE BS

Senor

#4 outsider

outsider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:46 PM

Gracias for your posts Senor. Wonder if anyone knows a way to play these Canadian energy trusts on the US exchanges? Out

#5 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:01 PM

senor, I have been doing a lot of research into the Canadian energy trusts recently. I have been buying for the first time this week and shoving them in retirement accounts. Purchases have included AET.UN, PEY.UN, and some smaller names. I am also a buyer of oil via USO and have bought USO again today at $52.55. See the Swing Waves board for postings on energy trusts. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#6 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:07 PM

Gracias for your posts Senor. Wonder if anyone knows a way to play these Canadian energy trusts on the US exchanges?

Out

A listing of energy trusts on the NYSE as well as Toronto. http://finance.yahoo...?s=energy trust
Peace
johngeorge

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:14 PM

if my understanding is correct, the new tax law will not take effect until 2011, which is plenty of time to enjoy 15% a year in dividends. and i also dont think oil has topped. dharma

#8 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:30 PM

if my understanding is correct, the new tax law will not take effect until 2011, which is plenty of time to enjoy 15% a year in dividends. and i also dont think oil has topped. dharma

Si, the tax law as now proposed Senor agrees is a 2011 time implementation, and that is "if" it goes into effect.

Senor

#9 outsider

outsider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:32 PM

Thanks for the posting on energy trusts, JG. Here's a recent post: "Richard Lehmann, editor of the Forbes/Lehmann Income Securities Investor, agrees that implementation of the Flaherty proposal is anything but assured, noting two abortive attempts since 2004 to change tax laws pertaining to trusts in Canada and the proposed grace period until 2011 for existing trusts. “Our thinking is that five years is a long way off, and political pressure will likely delay the tax further or kill it altogether," he says." Out

#10 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:41 PM

BS ALL THE WAY

Senor

Stepping in tomorrow. PWE ERF PGH and maybe COSWF.