#2 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:38 PM

Added more PWE and PGH

BSing away

Senor

Liked the action in PWE today. Adding more COSWF tomorrow.

#3 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:19 PM

BOTTOM?

http://finance.yahoo...gh &a...0&a=&c=
vitaminm

#4 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 08:50 AM

Looks to Senor like a grande corrective decline is finishing. PURE BS Senor

#5 outsider

outsider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 562 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:20 AM

Gracias, Senor. Some of these have to be real buys at these prices. Tienes stop loss en estos gases? Some have come down considerably over the last few days. Is it time to double down? Maybe catch a big float upward over the next year? Thanks for any comments. Out

#6 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:39 AM

Gracias, Senor. Some of these have to be real buys at these prices. Tienes stop loss en estos gases? Some have come down considerably over the last few days. Is it time to double down? Maybe catch a big float upward over the next year? Thanks for any comments.

Out

Senor does not "double down" and does not have a stop in a situation like this when he is doing long term accululation. Only a portion of funds goes to any sector, Senor is 50% through his allocation for this sector.

BS all the way

Senor

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:33 AM

i watch pgh, fdg, and hte closely, this last decline was on lighter volumne and we now have 9bar rsi wilder divergences. it appears they are bottoming. and the dividends, should they continue to be paid are quite juicy. longer term, oil and gas should go up, just based on fundamentals it appears that the dollar has put in some kind of bottom here. dont know what kind of affect a rising dollar will have on gold. but i think intermediate term the dolar is toast. and gold appears to be in a wave 3. normally wave 3s are the most powerful waves. i have noticed for commodities wave 5s are the most powerful waves (79-80 in gold was a wave 5). on this leg i still see 800 in the 1st quarter. dharma

#8 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:43 AM

Hi guys, You are seeing panic selling IMO as there are a number of investors (many seniors/retirees) who have riden this thing for 3 years and are now facing capital losses. They are not thinking about the yield anymore. It is a painful, emotional process for them which will inevitably come to an end. In the meantime, the selling continues, perhaps irrationally now, but it continues ... cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#9 BearItch

BearItch

• Traders-Talk User
  • 515 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:59 AM

Hi guys,

You are seeing panic selling IMO as there are a number of investors (many seniors/retirees) who have riden this thing for 3 years and are now facing capital losses. They are not thinking about the yield anymore. It is a painful, emotional process for them which will inevitably come to an end. In the meantime, the selling continues, perhaps irrationally now, but it continues ...

cheers,

john

John

I agree completely. Look at a weekly chart and you will see a few years worth of bagholders in these.
This decline has just ripped the rug from underneath folks. Does Canada have a tax loss selling period like the US does? If so, with the damage that has been done, it is hard to find a bounce until this process is complete. Seems like a basing period is inevitable then given the carnage. I don't see the need to rush into these. I like my USO here instead.

Edited by BearItch, 14 November 2006 - 11:01 AM.

#10 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:49 AM

Hi bearitch,

Does Canada have a tax loss selling period like the US does?

Yup, right into Christmas.

I bought a little more SND.UN this morning at $4.53. My first purchase was at $5.30 - 5.40 last week. Brutal.

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain