Photo

So how many are actually LONG gold stocks?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:24 PM

on this grande decline? Senor wants to know because it seems most were stunned to inaction. And Senor thinks it may be the most bueno buying opportunity in years. BSing away Senor

#2 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

Senor I have been buying on the decline and looking to add more. Presently 75% invested in PM stocks position and expecting to be filled up by end of this week or beginning of next. I dont play with margin, options, or futures. Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#3 uncleharley

uncleharley

• Traders-Talk User
  • 648 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:16 PM

I just checked my brokerage records and I sold SLW at $14.39 on 7/23/08. Today I bought GLD at $80.64. uh

#4 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

Got a little HL yesterday $6.52 but I could do 5. I'll average down if so.

on this grande decline? Senor wants to know because it seems most were stunned to inaction. And Senor thinks it may be the most bueno buying opportunity in years.

BSing away

Senor

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#5 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:01 PM

Long DGP and HGU.TO from last week. Will add to gold position (HGU.TO) on a retest. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#6 bnick

bnick

• Traders-Talk User
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

on this grande decline? Senor wants to know because it seems most were stunned to inaction. And Senor thinks it may be the most bueno buying opportunity in years.

BSing away

Senor

Although a little early, I bought gold stocks and some limited silver exposure. I've held through the latest decline, which was fairly tough to do--but I'm committed to this strategy for the long term.

#7 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:16 PM

Took my beating like a red headed school girl.
If it can be cornered, it will.

#8 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:10 PM

BSing away

Senor

Senor:

Seems most bought some, but even more held on to their positions and did NOT sell!

Hurray for ALL!

stubaby

#9 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:25 PM

bought the september 36 GDX CALLS yesterday

#10 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:09 PM

Good question. I'm still numb from how hard everything fell and I wasn't even in the fall. I have a half position in GDX at an average of 34.90, and some AEM, GG, GOLD from the close Tuesday, and I'm moving the stops up. It's been a fine fierce bounce. Good luck to all gold longs. :)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."