what now?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:49 AM

gold is overbought and diverging. and it hit its downtrending line. while 900-915is stiff resistance, i think @the very least this area gets tested and i think 1k gets tested. time wise we have about a month left in this cycle. xau/hui while doubling have remained range bound for the last week or so, i think this consolidation will be a springboard for higher prices. dharma

#2 gvc

gvc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 409 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:25 AM

agree. I have Feb 3 give or take a day or two for the next intermediate top (weekly). Mabey we get a rocket blast into that timeframe? then may do an extended ABC correction finally bottoming in July for the yearly (100 month) cycle low. rest of the year up up and away. Of course, the opposite will probably happen :o

#3 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:10 PM

agree. I have Feb 3 give or take a day or two for the next intermediate top (weekly). Mabey we get a rocket blast into that timeframe? then may do an extended ABC correction finally bottoming in July for the yearly (100 month) cycle low. rest of the year up up and away. Of course, the opposite will probably happen :o

Hopefully a grande cinco up from the lows gets traced out into that time frame and XAU 140-150 LEVEL.

NO BS
Senor

#4 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:19 PM

Hopefully a grande cinco up from the lows gets traced out into that time frame and XAU 140-150 LEVEL.

NO BS
Senor

fwiw 155 xau is my target! dharma

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

maybe fridayor monday should be the start of 3 of 3 . i did some buying this am in preparation for the advance. dharma

#6 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

maybe fridayor monday should be the start of 3 of 3 . i did some buying this am in preparation for the advance. dharma

I think new rally highs might complete wave five of three from Nov 20 bottom, possibly at XAU 130-135 or so.

NO BS

SENOR

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:37 PM

I think new rally highs might complete wave five of three from Nov 20 bottom, possibly at XAU 130-135 or so.

NO BS

SENOR

that is definitely a possibility, which will be correct if we do not make higher rsi readings.
i am using 12/17 as the top of 1 of 3 of 3. so that is how i come up w/3of 3 on deck.
dharma

#8 Gold3600

Gold3600

• Traders-Talk User
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:36 PM

Senor, will you shout when you think we've topped out? Thanks

I know you don't think much of the Bradley but the 1/20-21 date might fit into a top. http://www.amanita.a...bradley-com.htm

Edited by Gold3600, 31 December 2008 - 03:46 PM.

#9 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:01 PM

Senor, will you shout when you think we've topped out? Thanks

I know you don't think much of the Bradley but the 1/20-21 date might fit into a top. http://www.amanita.a...bradley-com.htm

First lets find out if a grande wave tres from Nov 20 might be getting somewhat close to finishing.

BSing away

Senor

#10 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

What now? Referencing the above pinned chart of GDX. RSI negative divergence, low volume (holidays), Stochastics nearly ready to cross over, MACD Histogram flat last 5 days. GDX has doubled in the past 2 months. The bull makes money, the bear makes money, and the pig gets stuck. Took profits today. I think we are very close to a top and need to pull back before another push higher. The pullback may be fast and sharp OR we have none at all and just keep chugging higher. OR..........the dreaded drop to $550 gold. In watchful waiting mode. Good trading to all and a Happy New Year. :) [attachment=9239:gdx_2.jpg]
Peace
johngeorge