Hourly Oscillator

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:00 PM

Does anybody use any kind of hourly overbought/oversold indicators based on market internals and/or momentum? I'm looking for a proxy for the daily MCO, but on an hourly basis, as I've been trying for years to come up with some sort of hourly seven sentinels. Preferably it should be based on advances and declines- but I'll happily look at any sort of hourly oscillator, if it exists....TIA, D
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#2 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

PS- just to clarify. I'm looking for something that uses market internals beyond just price alone, as, for example, MCO does on a daily basis....
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#3 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

OGM uses an hourly MCO. My understanding is that the gets it from Tradestation. Maybe he will respond to your post. IT

#4 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:43 PM

It looks as if we are going to head lower from here. Now your indicators are more swing oriented I guess? Do you hold your positions till you get a sell signal from the same indicator?
If it can be cornered, it will.

#5 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:44 PM

OGM uses an hourly MCO. My understanding is that the gets it from Tradestation. Maybe he will respond to your post.

IT

Thanks IT. That's precisely what I'm looking for. I even tried for months to construct it myself on another platform. OGM?

#6 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:09 PM

nope. don't have one, don't want one. sounds like a way to disjunct (neologism?) yourself from making big $$$ out of a position/swing trade.

#7 Woody

Woody

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

OGM uses an hourly MCO. My understanding is that the gets it from Tradestation. Maybe he will respond to your post.

IT

Thanks IT. That's precisely what I'm looking for. I even tried for months to construct it myself on another platform. OGM?

Don, what about intraday cumulative TICK l have been following the one at sentimenttrader.com works pretty well with Boll Bands

CW

#8 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:35 PM

IT

Don, what about intraday cumulative TICK l have been following the one at sentimenttrader.com works pretty well with Boll Bands

CW

That's the kind of thing I've been expirimenting with, Woody. Can that be set up on StockCharts? I need a continuous readout- and then need to run other derivatives of it, like MA's.....Thanks, D

#9 Woody

Woody

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

IT

CW

That's the kind of thing I've been expirimenting with, Woody. Can that be set up on StockCharts? I need a continuous readout- and then need to run other derivatives of it, like MA's.....Thanks, D

Don, chart below from ST.com but i cant get stockcharts version to match??

Posted Image

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$TICK&p=60&b=5&g=0&i=t65588872227&r=2885.png

#10 cp1

cp1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 387 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

IYB, I was looking for the same thing last week. I sent an e-mail to Jason and he created a spreadsheet for me. All I need to do is enter the adv/dec numbers. He used the NYSE and I modified it also include NAS. I get the numbers from stockcharts and enter it into the spreadsheet. It is not perfect but it gives me an idea. I will try to upload the file...I've had problems in the past uploading files. If I am unsuccessful I will PM you. CP1