Photo

did you miss this big news from the bond pits today?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:29 PM

Average household debt had doubled since the 1980's.

How about the income?

#22 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:45 PM

russ:

the MBA's you are talking about walked away with millions.

LOL: not so smart, eh?

;)

p.s. stay away from the talk radio; it is going to break many people.

your other buddy da_cheif used to go onto the same radio show regularily but has not been on for a long time (perhaps it had something to do with him calling the host Michael Campbell - Glen Campbell, to which he countered by calling da_cheif Donny, or maybe its because timer's digest took da_cheif off of its list. It is the top rated show all across canada and they get all the top analysts out there.

tops analaysts????? LMAZOFF ......name one........did you every wonder why timer digest would drop me after being the best timer they ever had????......why dont you ask yourself that question instead of being a dumbazz all ur life...

Edited by da_cheif, 11 May 2009 - 01:54 PM.

#23 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:50 PM

russ: china has $1 trillion, about. the FED could buy every single bond if it wanted to. all the FED has to do is put in a bid and enter the bonds on their balance sheet and punch a button and pay with dollars. china would have dollars, not making any interest, then what?

okay, that would hurt the $$$, right? that would hurt the dollar and raise the price of the yuan, right? that's what we have been trying to do FOR YEARS!!!!

you really must take an econ101 course if you want to understand what is happening. talk radio is NOT a good source, LOL.

Thanks humble...was about to post and you said about exactly what i wanted to.

#24 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:08 PM

... and exactly how many times and how long can you do this?

Hint: USD is still near the decades low again and US is running a huge deficit, aka need somebody to hold those Treasuries...

#25 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

Hint: USD is still near the decades low again and US is running a huge deficit, aka need somebody to hold those Treasuries...

arbman....ever read Soros theory on "Reflexivity"? My take is should we continue to experience depressionary economic conditions the Fed and Treasury (administration) will do WHATEVER it takes to get the economy going. I'm one who thinks there are unlimited ways to get money into the economy. The Fed could "sponsor" a party to buy index futures and settle them in cash if they wanted.

The reason I bring up reflexivity is that once the worm is turn policies and liquidity will continue to reinforce it until reflexivity begins to create the next cycle. Everyone is so scared of a depression but it isn't going to happen on a FIAT standard where the monetary and fiscal policy authorities and puppetmasters both have an interest in avoiding a depressionary economy.

Constituents without jobs and homes with guns and free time tend to be difficult to deal with. I don't think the social fabric is near as strong and trustful in governmnet as it was in the 1930s. A depression will not be coming.

#26 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

The solution has to be the home team. I just don't know how they are going to pull it off without most $ running offshore.

http://uk.reuters.co...152675820090511

#27 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:59 PM

Maybe. I think the situation is getting worse by the minute that they are printing more and more money to prevent a depression while creating an inflationary blow off. The Fed has not exit strategy in my view and you reaffirm this. When the rates soar, they won't be able to do anything. You will see an unnecessary overshoot to the downside for the real estate and many heavily financed assets, a self destruction process essentially... Somebody must settle the debt, somebody must pay for it. Either the debt will be settled by basically the bankruptcy of the responsibles or it will be settled by the long term deterioration of the living standards of everyone and a lost next generation, or it will be settled by wars which will destroy the counter party who demands a payment...

#28 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:01 PM

Inflation settles debt...the key is just get a little wage inflation in the US. As long as higher interest rates happens gradually we'll be ok.

#29 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:20 PM

russ:

the MBA's you are talking about walked away with millions.

LOL: not so smart, eh?

;)

p.s. stay away from the talk radio; it is going to break many people.

your other buddy da_cheif used to go onto the same radio show regularily but has not been on for a long time (perhaps it had something to do with him calling the host Michael Campbell - Glen Campbell, to which he countered by calling da_cheif Donny, or maybe its because timer's digest took da_cheif off of its list. It is the top rated show all across canada and they get all the top analysts out there.

tops analaysts????? LMAZOFF ......name one........did you every wonder why timer digest would drop me after being the best timer they ever had????......why dont you ask yourself that question instead of being a dumbazz all ur life...

Sure mr. smartazz, Martin Armstrong was on the radio show for years and in case you didn't notice his pi cycle model called the high in the banks, real estate and nikkei perfectly in early 2007 about the same time I posted a chart projecting that US housing was going down into May/June of 2009, you being such a great economic forecaster dissed the housing problem and said it was just a few low end owners that wouldn't be any big deal. I believe that chart is still valid and the HGX should go down with the rest of the market into mid to late june. Armstrong also wrote in a 1999 article: "Thus by late 2007, dissatisfaction will become self-evident. Of course, between 2012 and 2020, the real problems will unfold regarding social security, healthcare, and a host of government benefits. Funding such programs will lead to major economic short-falls."

As for Campbell's show, you were once a regular guest so I am not sure why you would want to 'lmazoff' about the show having top analysts, that would mean you are laughing at yourself. lol Perhaps you would like to tell the class why you sent me a private message saying you were wrong about Armstrong.

I have no idea why timer's digest dropped you, I know you have had some good market timing calls over the years.

Jame Dines who made his subscribers a killing in Uranium stocks after making big money in tech stocks also has been a regular guest on Campbell's show. Recently David Bensimon was on, he is one of the best timers out there. There are many others... like the Volume Reversal guy Mark Leibovit who you praised in the past. Whatever.

Edited by Russ, 11 May 2009 - 03:30 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#30 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:23 PM

im not sure why a shoe cobbler would get so pissed at people, but it seems to me nearly everyone rubs him the wrong way, except his truly in the mirror, AND whenever he sees an opinion he doesnt like he will rip you a bloody new one. sounds to me like someone po'd at the world, maybe washed up and past his prime. old farts tend to do that and no amount of bragging will get the young turks over to his side. youve thrown him some kudo bones to chew on. better to leave a sleeping dog lie.
OTIS.