Ring the Bell here 4 the TOP

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

Since there are many markets involved here it should be completed by the 16th. The Rut well that shot up 10% higher than I thought it would, for the DOW I was expecting 10800 and it barely breached that. NDX looks terrible with the divergence on my indicators for the complete Feb-April rally. SO it looks like first we would erase the last 2months gains and then battle it back down there at support. If the markets trade freely then money will come out again a we should move to the next level lower. Trade safe.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

that top bell has more cracks in it then the liberty bell from all the signals that have gone off the past month are there any fat ladies in the room?

Edited by atlasshrugged, 12 April 2010 - 02:57 PM.

#3 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

I got long FAZ again today, I traded like a rookie since 1120 on the spx, getting stopped twice on that thing... But that said, today would be intersting day for a top, Dow 11000, sp 1199 and a bailout of a country...

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#4 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

Since there are many markets involved here it should be completed by the 16th.
The Rut well that shot up 10% higher than I thought it would, for the DOW I was expecting 10800 and it barely breached that. NDX looks terrible with the divergence on my indicators for the complete Feb-April rally. SO it looks like first we would erase the last 2months gains and then battle it back down there at support. If the markets trade freely then money will come out again
a we should move to the next level lower.

Trade safe.

agreed with your market call

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#5 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

This is not THE TOP? I am expecting (and placing $ bets) that we sell-off for 2 days this week but I will be reversing and going maximum long on this forthcoming pullback.... Like Arbman and many others here, I am still expecting 1220-1230.... this will only be a pullback.... hopefully for 3% but the bears are lucky if we get even that much.... more like 1.5 - 2% only... probably into Wednesday.... small chance low of week is Friday (OPEX)...

#6 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

This is not THE TOP? I am expecting (and placing $ bets) that we sell-off for 2 days this week but I will be reversing and going maximum long on this forthcoming pullback.... Like Arbman and many others here, I am still expecting 1220-1230.... this will only be a pullback.... hopefully for 3% but the bears are lucky if we get even that much.... more like 1.5 - 2% only... probably into Wednesday.... small chance low of week is Friday (OPEX)...

with all do respect...and i will quote a line from "rounders" ...if you sit at a table and cant spot the sucker within the first five minutes then "you are the sucker"

last week you highly pontificated a top on Wednesday of this week

then last night you highly pontificated a gap and GOOOOO to the upside

now after being wrong day after day for the last month or so you articulately state that the pull back will be two days max and NOW you are going maximum long???? for those last 30 or so points

hmmmmmmm.......somebody better go watch rounders!!! :lol: :lol:

let me add that this isnt meant as harsh criticism, but rather to state that i would suggest you let her instilled discipline of an ex marine take over and stop over thinking this stuff.. keep it simple...keep buying pull backs
to the 60 ema on the 60 minute chart of the spx..

Edited by atlasshrugged, 12 April 2010 - 03:18 PM.

#7 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

with all do respect...and i will quote a line from "rounders" ...if you sit at a table and cant spot the sucker within the first five minutes then "you are the sucker"

last week you highly pontificated a top on Wednesday of this week

then last night you highly pontificated a gap and GOOOOO to the upside

now after being wrong day after day for the last month or so you articulately state that the pull back will be two days max and NOW you are going maximum long???? for those last 30 or so points

hmmmmmmm.......somebody better go watch rounders!!! :lol: :lol:

NO rounding here, like all the bears on this board who have been calling a top for ever so long...I am wrong, just like the rest of them.... ******** (with an "S"), the trend is up on the weekly and I have been as guilty as anyone (and admitted this several times) by trying to pick a top. Luckily, I have traded around my core shorts with day-trading options positions.... So even though I haven't made any real money, I haven't lost any... .isn't that the goal here? You have busted my balls more than once Atlas.. Almost everytime I also mentioned that the trend is UP and I am going against it. Up until last year Cycles were my main source of trades... hence my name here, obviously with all the manipulation going on in the equity markets, cycles have been a disappointment. I could go on and on but neither one of us will win this ball-breaking contest (with the powers that be here...Moderators)... if my posts infuriate you, so be it... I will leave this place and those who find my posts interesting (you yourself obviously do, like my Wife, you enjoy constantly pointing out my faults!) can follow them on twitter... win or lose, all my trades are posted in real time on twitter.... In fact, I am leaving.... I am obviously a fool for attempting to pick a top in yours and probably others' opinion, and more posts going against the main trend are a waste of time for everyone, including those that read them.
Mark Young, You are a friend and I respect the H E L L out of you but you know me well enough to know I can get pretty heated, when jabs are thrown my way.... out of respect for you, I will leave it like it is.... Next time I am in Cincinnati I'll call you and we'll have more French food and laugh about this.
Kirk

#8 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

Hey Kirk Buddy - You're no more right or wrong than everyone else here, and you're definitely not a fool. I've enjoyed every one of your post, and I've learned a lot from you. You're a good man, and it's a pleasure to get to know you.

#9 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

this thread is a perfect example of perception without knowing people's account size and profits of the last many years it will just remain at perception what's wrong with being wrong - the most important thing is knowing what to do when you are wrong and with regards to forecasting the market - well whose hasn't been wrong, which leads to another important thing, don't get caught up in message board credibility and jabbing - it's just fun - what matters is knowing how to react (in terms of your strategy) cycletimer, maybe atlas is taking some jabs at you, but sometimes it's best to try and take a step back and look at the situation the other person is describing, instead of letting one's ego make the issue personal if i was the one taking a step back and looking at the situation, i would think well maybe i should focus more on reacting instead of forecasting then again, what do i know about your life and your strategy and your game, so maybe atlas is in fact misled by message board perception and perceives you as a sucker just because you are writing some random posts and having fun with it funny how people who post charts are often perceived as being "non-suckers" and credible - it really just is perception, as much here in life

#10 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

cycle...i think your a quality guy...and as i mentioned you have more had more training into staying discliplined than 99% of the population from your military background...somehting i could have used 20 years ago...i am just suggesting that you use it....its the best asset to have as a trader....its the overthinking that gets us all in trouble