For Serious Traders Only

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Citation

Citation

• Traders-Talk User
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:04 PM

Don: Your service is quite expensive, especially for a new service. Over time, if you continue your winning streak and, after you've gained a following, you can charge that much or more. You can charge anything you want, of course, so don't be offended. I'm trying to help you establish effective price points. You may be able to get a few loyal followers from TT for your service at this price, but it is too expensive to attract significant numbers of new followers who don't know you. You can either: 1) charge a lot, like your current proposed price and attract just a few members OR 2) You can charge much less and attract thousands quickly. Why do you think people like Henry To over at Marketthoughts charges just $11 a month? He's a market timer and like all market-timers, you are bound to be wrong sometimes and right sometimes, so what you want is to charge a not-so-substantial sum so that people will still continue even when you are wrong. With price points of $20 a month or up, you better be right practically all the time, because when you are wrong, people will look at their monthly charges and unsubscribe because $20 a month is a lot more than $10. Rich at markettrak.com is another example; he only charges $10 a month, a sum that is insignificant enough for people to continue even though he, like all market timers, has been wrong enough times for people to cancel if they had to pay twice as much. With his $10 a month charge, a lot of people will continue just to "keep track," because it's not making a significant enough dent in their pocketbooks. So, if you are independently wealthy or if you're making money hand over fist from your own trading so that this is just a hobby for you, then you should charge what you are proposing to charge, because that would certainly limit the number of subscribers to a handful of loyal followers (as you said "serious traders"). However, if this is a serious business and you are trying to make money from this business, then price points are very important. Citation

#12 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

Does this mean you will no longer be giving signal changes here?

Thanks very much everyone. Well wishes very sincerely appreciated! I will definitely still be posting here and trying to make a real contribution whenever possible. But of course I recognize that I do have an obligation to subs to make sure that they get all time sensitive signals and materials well ahead of public release. Just a matter of balance, I guess. Very best, D
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#13 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:09 PM

Congrats on your new service offering, and best wishes for its success
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#14 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:19 PM

Don:

Your service is quite expensive, especially for a new service. Over time, if you continue your winning streak and, after you've gained a following, you can charge that much or more. You can charge anything you want, of course, so don't be offended. I'm trying to help you establish effective price points. You may be able to get a few loyal followers from TT for your service at this price, but it is too expensive to attract significant numbers of new followers who don't know you.

You can either: 1) charge a lot, like your current proposed price and attract just a few members OR 2) You can charge much less and attract thousands quickly.

Why do you think people like Henry To over at Marketthoughts charges just $11 a month? He's a market timer and like all market-timers, you are bound to be wrong sometimes and right sometimes, so what you want is to charge a not-so-substantial sum so that people will still continue even when you are wrong. With price points of $20 a month or up, you better be right practically all the time, because when you are wrong, people will look at their monthly charges and unsubscribe because $20 a month is a lot more than $10.

Rich at markettrak.com is another example; he only charges $10 a month, a sum that is insignificant enough for people to continue even though he, like all market timers, has been wrong enough times for people to cancel if they had to pay twice as much. With his $10 a month charge, a lot of people will continue just to "keep track," because it's not making a significant enough dent in their pocketbooks.

So, if you are independently wealthy or if you're making money hand over fist from your own trading so that this is just a hobby for you, then you should charge what you are proposing to charge, because that would certainly limit the number of subscribers to a handful of loyal followers (as you said "serious traders"). However, if this is a serious business and you are trying to make money from this business, then price points are very important.

Citation

Ci makes a good point D

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#15 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:20 PM

Good Luck Mr SS...does this mean you are jumping from the mortgage bear mkt to the equity bear mkt?

#16 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:23 PM

Wishin you GREAT SUCCESS!

#17 goldswinger

goldswinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:48 PM

It's about time! :lol:

All my best bud.

While I am here. Another shorter time thing I am working on has a st trend change in Es around 5.15+- tonight .

make that 5:45+- forgot the breaks.

From what I am lookink at ES and OIL should bottom Tonight ready for the next swing up, but not to new highs.

The Dollar should also top Tonight and correct for a wek and a bit coincidental with the SPX and OIL bounce.......

GS.

#18 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:04 PM

Best wishes Don, you shared so openly for all these years here...

#19 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

One may list site here.

http://www.investmen...om/registration
vitaminm

#20 Toss7

Toss7

• TT Member
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

Don, my best wishes and a big fat THANK YOU to you for all the know how you generously shared in the past. :wub: