the board is back

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#11 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

GDX monthly...possible bullish H&S continuation pattern???

Posted Image

Edited by JGUITARSLIM, 12 August 2010 - 09:32 PM.

#12 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:23 AM

that piece i posted by tony robbins: while i feel tony is sincere and may have great info . the possibility of us going into a hyperinflation is real. and the shepple will be in cash. in weimar stocks did well up to a point. cash, if we have inflation, will be the worst holding. i got interested in gold because of sovereign debt. and sovereigns do not have a stellar record of paying off that debt ala the armstrong piece. i have no doubts that gold is the place to be and oh yes corrections are part of the process. knowing that is how i am able to maintain my position. drawdowns are also part of the process. in 79 every time i sold, i paid more to buy back. granted i was a newbie. but, i suspect that was true for most dharma

Edited by dharma, 13 August 2010 - 09:25 AM.

#13 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

coming into the indian buying season today is the full moon. =full moons are highs , new moons are lows 1213 ends the cycle 1229 breaks into the next cycle 1224 is nice , but it is in no mans land until we break into the next price cycle i bought the lows , on oversold divergences on my hourly charts and am waiting, forever waiting for price appreciation. dharma

#14 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:38 AM

coming into the indian buying season
today is the full moon. =full moons are highs , new moons are lows
1213 ends the cycle
1229 breaks into the next cycle
1224 is nice , but it is in no mans land until we break into the next price cycle
i bought the lows , on oversold divergences on my hourly charts
and am waiting, forever waiting for price appreciation.
dharma

Hi Dharma,
I have the full moon as next Tuesday August 24th.

http://www.fullmoon....n-calendar.html

Does that change your analogy? Thanks

TM

#15 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:03 AM

1213 ends the cycle
1224 is nice , but it is in no mans land until we break into the next price cycle
dharma

Hi Dharma,

TM

oppps you are correct . it means the market usually goes up into the full moon
dharma

#16 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

1213 ends the cycle
dharma

Hi Dharma,

TM

dharma

Dharma,
Regarding your cycles..so if gold slipped down to 1213 then would that mean the old cycle isn't done yet? And if it touches 1229 we are in a new cycle. Is that the idea? I agree about gold right now proving itself for the short term. Aug 21 plus/minus 3 is Merriman's next turn date for metals and the market..which would coincide with the full moon too. In Meriman's forecast book he said to buy the low in gold to run into the Indian season. The only question is have we seen the low which was around 1170 for August. You would think so but I have seen a lot of distribution in gld as it climbed since then...perhaps it's more disabelief but I have also seen some weird intraday drop action too. Yet it keeps coming back.

Gold definitely has been in a compressed trading range..and something is going to pop soon..up or down is the question..I would think like you into the full moon too. I have a long term position and can't play the short term right now because I have better things to do like celebrating my 30th wedding anniversary at Niagara... :D But I"ll wait for the pullback if there is a run up. Good luck on your trade. Thanks for your insights.

TM

#17 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

1213 ends the cycle
dharma

Hi Dharma,

TM

dharma

Dharma,
Regarding your cycles..so if gold slipped down to 1213 then would that mean the old cycle isn't done yet? And if it touches 1229 we are in a new cycle. Is that the idea? I agree about gold right now proving itself for the short term. Aug 21 plus/minus 3 is Merriman's next turn date for metals and the market..which would coincide with the full moon too. In Meriman's forecast book he said to buy the low in gold to run into the Indian season. The only question is have we seen the low which was around 1170 for August. You would think so but I have seen a lot of distribution in gld as it climbed since then...perhaps it's more disabelief but I have also seen some weird intraday drop action too. Yet it keeps coming back.

Gold definitely has been in a compressed trading range..and something is going to pop soon..up or down is the question..I would think like you into the full moon too. I have a long term position and can't play the short term right now because I have better things to do like celebrating my 30th wedding anniversary at Niagara... :D But I"ll wait for the pullback if there is a run up. Good luck on your trade. Thanks for your insights.

TM

i work like this . my time cycle tops in october. all else is for entertainment. when the market gives signs. ie. oversold w/divergences i buy. when time is up. i sell 10-15% . @some point i do think there will be a larger correction. that will mark a change in the market. by that i mean i think the banksters will be fully long and we have entered the 3rd and final phase. w/time cycles it is very difficult to know which harmonic is dominating and when. this market has established a rhythm which it is and has been working from. will that change. i dont know but , i suspect it will. and when it does, i may just retire my trading hat and just stay all in. fundamentally, sovereigns all have more debt then they can ever pay off. its all a dodge city front. once i went to a restaurant in st. maarten , it had a beautiful front door and when you opened it there was no back to the restaurant , it was open and viewed the beach. this economy world wide has a beautiful front door, w/no backing. its all awash in debt. the public is uneasy , in debt, and starting to question everything. obama seemed like the peoples choice and he promptly gave tarp to the perpetrators of this mess. and he lost the people and it didnt take very long.
w/o rambling on. its a bull market and it will end the way bulls end
dharma

#18 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:36 AM

well the dollar put in a bottom, w/divergences from an oversold condition. .8550 is the .618 correction. i believe the primary trend on the dollar is down and has been since w worked his magic. xau/hui are above all of their mas. the trend is up we are rapidly approaching the indian buying season, which is a tradition that has been there for a very long time. the difference these days is not just rajas have money to buy gold. the news writers as always are bearish on gold. yet, here we are 22 from a closing high. for me gold is in no mans land above 1229 (on a closing basis) and youve got the indication that it wants to break into the next price cycle. 1225 is nice, miners should be very profitable , but not indicative of anything. so, its a time of wait and see i am aware of the low to low 15 week cycle, but when gold/gold indexes made their lows in july w/hourly divergences i bought. i have to listen to the market when it speaks. its a time to be positioned and not do anything new and if the market cannot break into the next price cycle , then wait and see if a buying opportunity develops. trading is like flying a plane . a huge %of the time is boring. and like 10-15% of the time the market actually does something. i am feeling that the banksters are starting to get long. and the banksters are short on patience. phase 3 is not far off dharma

Edited by dharma, 17 August 2010 - 09:38 AM.

#19 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

Bought a small trading positiion in Franco-Nevada this morning. Looking only to hold it until I get a short - medium term sell. Thanks, dharma, for all the posts. They sure have helped me in this ongoing gold bull. Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#20 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

gold overbought on the dailies. looking for a move up in sept w/new forever highs dharma