the board is back

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:31 AM

gold, xau/hui all overbought. lets work that off and see what we got. gold is not giving much ground. i look for some consolidation , then new highs. every problem has been papered over. not real solutions. dharma

#32 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:52 AM

i am fully long 1245 is providing stiff resistance this morning we are over that #indicating that the market wants to press higher. the battle will be won by the bulls, there is alot more time left to this cycle. i am looking for higher #s before we top out in october. dharma just a note on the broad market- this hasnt been mentioned, i dont think. but venus goes retrograde on october 8th. it is a very significant occurrence the last time it occurred , to the very day it marked the bottom for stocks in 08. it has +-of 10days. my sense it will mark the turn again for the broads

#33 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:17 AM

i am fully long
1245 is providing stiff resistance
this morning we are over that #indicating that the market wants to press higher.
the battle will be won by the bulls, there is alot more time left to this cycle.
i am looking for higher #s before we top out in october.
dharma
just a note on the broad market- this hasnt been mentioned, i dont think.
but venus goes retrograde on october 8th. it is a very significant occurrence
the last time it occurred , to the very day it marked the bottom for stocks in 08.
it has +-of 10days. my sense it will mark the turn again for the broads

Thanks for your update, Dharma. Yes, Merriman spoke of the Venus Retrograde and how it marked the March 6, 2009 bottom. It was perfection then and I believe another one was Oct 2002..(I could be off a tad there)...but I think it will be from lower levels and maybe just a intermediate term bottom..for equities imo.....I can't imagine us going up into it at this point..but no matter it does mark a reversal in equities and metals..in his July webcast he thought gold would go down into it and to get long for gold when Mars goes inot Scropio which is Sept 14-Oct 24..but it takes 2-3 weeks for bullishness after it goes into Scorpio...But it looks like we are going into more of a top for that period which I believe was the end of your cycle??....is that correct?....I'm sure Ken can update better seeing he gets the gold report from him but it looks like you are nailing this cycle again...gold is too whippy to time..

TM

#34 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

i am fully long
this morning we are over that #indicating that the market wants to press higher.
the battle will be won by the bulls, there is alot more time left to this cycle.
dharma
the last time it occurred , to the very day it marked the bottom for stocks in 08.

Thanks for your update, Dharma. Yes, Merriman spoke of the Venus Retrograde and how it marked the March 6, 2009 bottom. It was perfection then and I believe another one was Oct 2002..(I could be off a tad there)...but I think it will be from lower levels and maybe just a intermediate term bottom..for equities imo.....I can't imagine us going up into it at this point..but no matter it does mark a reversal in equities and metals..in his July webcast he thought gold would go down into it and to get long for gold when Mars goes inot Scropio which is Sept 14-Oct 24..but it takes 2-3 weeks for bullishness after it goes into Scorpio...But it looks like we are going into more of a top for that period which I believe was the end of your cycle??....is that correct?....I'm sure Ken can update better seeing he gets the gold report from him but it looks like you are nailing this cycle again...gold is too whippy to time..

TM

for how much longer , i dont know, but the rhythm of gold is being captured by a cycle and it is indicating highs in october. so, i am sticking w/the cycle as long as it is effective. and i do expect september to be a very good month for holders of precious. now, i have turned more attention to silver. which in the old days was arbitraged against gold, but today the ratio has blown out of proportion. as the bull advances and we get more speculative, silver will start its move in earnest, the big continuation pattern points to higher , much higher prices.
yes , your 2 examples of venus retrograde are spot on, and i suspect another round of qe, dollar debasing, is in the cards. october 8th looms large for a turn around. i am lightly short the broads via faz. and i will remain that way into october 8th. they will debase the currency in earnest. its why ben is the wizard.
dharma

Edited by dharma, 31 August 2010 - 10:11 AM.

#35 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

i am fully long
dharma

TM

for how much longer , i dont know, but the rhythm of gold is being captured by a cycle and it is indicating highs in october. so, i am sticking w/the cycle as long as it is effective. and i do expect september to be a very good month for holders of precious. now, i have turned more attention to silver. which in the old days was arbitraged against gold, but today the ratio has blown out of proportion. as the bull advances and we get more speculative, silver will start its move in earnest, the big continuation pattern points to higher , much higher prices.
yes , your 2 examples of venus retrograde are spot on, and i suspect another round of qe, dollar debasing, is in the cards. october 8th looms large for a turn around. i am lightly short the broads via faz. and i will remain that way into october 8th. they will debase the currency in earnest. its why ben is the wizard.
dharma

I dont do cycles but enjoy following a few that are good at it. That said, the $HUI on the weekly hit a Sars buy today for the first time since April and it has a cup and handle target with a break of over 520 would target around 850 so the October line up makes sense from an astro point of view imo. I'd post the chart but I can't figure out how to do charts here. But it starts in March 2008 at 519.68..then the low in Oct 2008 at 150.27 to Nov 2009 top at 516.16.....the handle has been consolidating since Dec 2009 all this year...I think it has been pointed out on this board too but thought I'd mention the Sars weekly buy today and the fact it's the 2nd one this year.

TM

#36 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:53 AM

1245 is support and the market is banging on that right now. i have to stick w/my own work. while the sector is overbought, it can get more overbought. eg. yesterday the hourly charts of hui had divergences, which on the surge the market took out the divergences-bull market action. in the run i watch the oscillators but , not as keenly as now sure a correction would strengthen the move, but i am not about to argue w/the market my stuff shows gold going alot higher in september. so i am positioned for the occasion. buckle up , arms and legs in the vehicle, unless of course you outsmart yourself looking for something the market has no intention of doing. dont mistake genius for a bull market dharma anyone see zhou? looks like he may have split?

#37 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:13 AM

talking to myself get real old real fast dharma

#38 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:19 AM

thanks dharma

#39 leocleoc

leocleoc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:48 AM

Many are listening ... keep talking. Your work is appreciated.

talking to myself get real old real fast
dharma

#40 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:08 PM

ok i start feeling like i am talking to myself notice copper has taken out its summer highs this broad market rally could have legs the bears fumbled yesterday notice how gold is not giving much ground , yes it is overbought and diverging on a daily we have entered into a favorable seasonal time i dont know when, but soon this will get some after burners maybe after labor day. guessing dharma