Climactic reversal

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#11 alexthered

alexthered

• Traders-Talk User
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

Hi NAV, just wondering why you are not re-shorting yet if your signal is still on sell? Thanks so much for all the updates!

#12 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

Hi NAV, just wondering why you are not re-shorting yet if your signal is still on sell? Thanks so much for all the updates!

If i get a continuation sell, i will short it.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#13 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

From my last post

We are in a selling climax now...It's impossible to say where it will end. But when it ends, it will be unmistakable - a brutal reversal.

...whether it was a IT bottom or Secular bottom or cyclical bottom or a low volume dead cat bounce or a flaccid move unsupported by internals or Fed manipulation (as is associated with every upmoves :lol: ) , i will leave to others to comment on.

We are in midst of a plain vanilla IT decline in a Primary Bear Market per my work. There...now others have commented. ;) Best, D

D, looking at the decline we are in a bear no doubt, but we just had 6.5% up bar in the rut...

Internals are still bad, although I think those too can turn quickly...

Internals lead externals as many say on this board but we just had a 50 point up bar on the spx in hour...during bear rallies such as this price leads internals...

Price will not go down from here, at best for the bears it will stall and retest the lows we put in today, maybe giving time for internals to catch up, or wosre case scenario for bears, price keeps going up and internals catch up that way...

Your thoughts as someone who follows internals???

Edited by MikeyG, 04 October 2011 - 09:51 PM.

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#14 Om_Namah_Shivay

Om_Namah_Shivay

• Traders-Talk User
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

From my last post

We are in a selling climax now...It's impossible to say where it will end. But when it ends, it will be unmistakable - a brutal reversal.

...whether it was a IT bottom or Secular bottom or cyclical bottom or a low volume dead cat bounce or a flaccid move unsupported by internals or Fed manipulation (as is associated with every upmoves :lol: ) , i will leave to others to comment on.

We are in midst of a plain vanilla IT decline in a Primary Bear Market per my work. There...now others have commented. ;) Best, D

D, looking at the decline we are in a bear no doubt, but we just had 6.5% up bar in the rut...

Internals lead externals as many say on this board but we just had a 50 point up bar on the spx in hour...during bear rallies such as this price leads internals...

Price will not go down from here, at best for the bears it will stall and retest the lows we put in today, maybe giving time for internals to catch up, or wosre case scenario for bears, price keeps going up and internals catch up that way...

NAV my system gave counter trend buy yesterday and I posted entry too. While working on the system i realized that turns are risky set ups but are juicy enough for you to work a signal system for that. So I did, actually i spent best of the first half, working on that. In fact from my trades you would see that counter trend trades yield much higher in shorter time frames. But i will be honest and tell you that counter trend trades is still like catching falling knife, but signals help you leave some and try catch some.
By rule I don't go leverage buy or sell in counter trend trades, but I do take it.
Will let everyone know if my system gives trend buy, just reached office.

Boom Shankar
Know the DIFFERENCE between WINNING and WINNINGS; One is KARMA and One is EGO!!!

www.bubbleshort.blogspot.in My Blog with focus on markets and "Act" of trading

#15 KoacNation

KoacNation

• Traders-Talk User
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:00 PM

From my last post

my hourly system had a buy signal after the initial drop this morning, but I didnt take it then since the SPY was sitting underneath THREE converging resistance lines, I figured I'd wait till it hopped over it

Well, with 45 minutes to go, we're at about 108.xx and I figure, time to go weightlift. I come back and we're at 112!

this happened the week of August 8th at the previous low, and it was the high for the three more days

seems obviously a manufactured HFT short squeeze at a great point in time to pull it off, the supposed rumor that started it said nothing at all and yet tonight France, England, and Germany are all down much more than we are,

so much for the rumor.

and as to Mr. "Your signals are too slow"? the guy uses hourly charts, I'd hate to think what you think of guys who use daily charts or weeklies to trade on!

I guess someone never learned there's more than one way to make money in the market!

#16 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:04 PM

you may post your fast signals here and lets see how you do!

which time frame gives you faster or slower signal?

http://www.barchart......F04/2011#jump

quote name='voecklen' date='Oct 4 2011, 09:15 PM' post='598481']
Your signals are too slow.
[/quote]
vitaminm

#17 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:04 PM

xx...duplicate

Edited by vitaminm, 04 October 2011 - 10:05 PM.

vitaminm

#18 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

You fail to understand what I said. Your signals are too slow. Simple as that. The mumbo jumbo you gave is nothing more than illusions you buy in to. The market turned long before your signal.

Hey,sorry to chime in. care to talk about your signals,instead of critisizing others? i for one am always glad to learn something
new. stick around and good luck. nuff said.

pisces.Posted Image

#19 voecklen

voecklen

• Traders-Talk User
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

You fail to understand what I said. Your signals are too slow. Simple as that. The mumbo jumbo you gave is nothing more than illusions you buy in to. The market turned long before your signal.

Hey,sorry to chime in. care to talk about your signals,instead of critisizing others? i for one am always glad to learn something
new. stick around and good luck. nuff said.

pisces.Posted Image

Sure, but for now only by pm. OK? Opened minded individuals do the same. I might add, I'm selling ABSOLUTELY selling nothing. I am in search of wisdom.

Edited by voecklen, 04 October 2011 - 10:19 PM.

#20 CallMeIshmael

CallMeIshmael

• Traders-Talk User
  • 767 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:15 PM

Your signals are too slow.

Take my advice. Don't fade NAV.