Sell signals across the board

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

I posted last week that S&P and Gold had pretty much achieved it's objectives based on their prior daily and weekly buys. Emerging markets sell off last week was a preview of coming attractions in the western world. Gold and Silver topped out brutally. Gold could not take out the 1803 weekly pivot to generate a weekly buy. Gold has now fired both hourly and daily sell signals in the context of a weekly sell. The implication is we may have put in a major top in Gold. S&P weekly and daily are both on a buy, but the hourly is on a sell. So the implication is that if a correction kicks in here, we would still come back and make another high few weeks down the line. S&P's hourly sell signal today is similar to the one which we got on Jan 30. Jan 30 sell signal turned out to be a fake out. You take all the signals and sometimes you get lucky ! Not a single post title with the word "Sell" or "Crash" on TT today. Hmmm... I will post an update again if i see anything important.

Edited by NAV, 29 February 2012 - 10:06 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for the update Nav. Doc

#3 Om_Namah_Shivay

Om_Namah_Shivay

• Traders-Talk User
  • 596 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Thanks for the update Nav.

Doc

Hey NAV, what a fresh morning and exciting night it was. I have been in thick of both gold and silver last night.
Well I take it as what market gives you and you don break discipline, but when you are right you swing big.
Not bad for a third world country trader :) needed this self-deprecating humor to humble myself:)

I agree with your assesment of gold and silver now on daily and hourly sell and would become sell on wekly if lows are taken out.
Btw way thanks for Nifty short signal, din take it that time, but acted yesterday after playing the bounce:)........
Come on guys, give me a shout for good trading:)........what I see is people harping on importance of signals, technicals, but no one teaches the most important part of risk management but to swing big when you are right. I think high time someone wrote "Managing and leveraging your Money 101"

Just saying:)

Edited by Om_Namah_Shivay, 01 March 2012 - 12:18 AM.

Know the DIFFERENCE between WINNING and WINNINGS; One is KARMA and One is EGO!!!

www.bubbleshort.blogspot.in My Blog with focus on markets and "Act" of trading

#4 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

I douby gold has topped more than short term. The large move off the top thay lead to the last bottom looks corrective and complete-the move off the bottom looks impulsive, imho.

#5 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

I douby gold has topped more than short term. The large move off the top thay lead to the last bottom looks corrective and complete-the move off the bottom looks impulsive, imho.

Copy...

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

Copy...

Gold has broken 20 day lows and 4 week lows in a one day massacre. Price gets no respect ;)

Edited by NAV, 01 March 2012 - 01:13 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#7 Om_Namah_Shivay

Om_Namah_Shivay

• Traders-Talk User
  • 596 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

Copy...

Gold has broken 20 day lows and 4 week lows in a one day massacre. Price gets no respect ;)

:) Its difficult when price moves against bias, but trading has come hard way to me. Not going to throw it after some bias or economic data or whatever who ever said.....i see here people with great experience in terms of years in markets and seen seasons.
I m pretty new in that comparison, but I was baptised by the 2007 blow off and then the bear market. I hope I catch up to experience of good traders, more importantly learn the right small steps that lead to good one trade and oblitrate the wrong trade early on. Amen:)

Edited by Om_Namah_Shivay, 01 March 2012 - 01:29 AM.

Know the DIFFERENCE between WINNING and WINNINGS; One is KARMA and One is EGO!!!

www.bubbleshort.blogspot.in My Blog with focus on markets and "Act" of trading

#8 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

SPX@1370.....S@1364.....1359............R@1375-77
vitaminm

#9 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

Copy...

I have ST respect :)