MARKET THOUGHTS ...

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#31 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

One thing a guru strives for is the lack of clarity. A guru wants the reader to interpret or 'read into' their pronouncements. In this way the guru can never be wrong - the reader was wrong; he misinterpreted what was written.

If the shoe fits...

Did YOU have a question for me? I can be very clear in the answer...have been for over 10 years when asked!

All comers are welcomed.

Fib

But four young Oysters hurried up,
All eager for the treat:
Their coats were brushed, their faces washed,
Their shoes were clean and neat--
And this was odd, because, you know,
They hadn't any feet.

The Walrus and the Carpenter
by Lewis Carroll
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#32 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

Yearly results should be number one priority for anyone claiming to know anything in this business. Folks posting yearly returns and/or posting clear entries/exits deserve the most respect.

I agree wholeheartedly IF this same claimant is giving specific trade recommendations, which I do not.

Nor am I a registered representative or newsletter writer which work under a different set of rules and regulations.

I am a private enterprise, and I don't believe in tooting my own horn as to look brash or conceited.

But again, if one is consistent in what they bring to the table, isn't that enough to work with regardless of the monetary wealth that comes with/from it?

If not, then shouldn't it be made a mandatory requirement that everyone who signs up here at Traders-Talk show their credentials?

After all, we don't want to be hornswoggled by some make believe contributor, now do we?

All we want is for someone to tell us what to do to make money...we can skip the details of the how's and why's, they're not important.

Geeez...what ever happened to "pay it forward" I wonder?

All eager for the treat:
They hadn't any feet.

Talking in riddles is not my modus operandi.

I ask once again, did you have a question for me or are you going to continue this charade?

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#33 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

I know the exact problem but... never mind! B)
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#34 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

I know the exact problem but...

never mind! B)

So nice you can join us DrSP in the "Fib Haters Club"...my day is now complete!!

Did you have a serious question for me or are going to continue to be disingenuous in your comments?

Keep up the good work and may all you trades be filled with sugarplum fairies and gingerbread men!

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#35 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Have a good weekend, fibby!

Edited by DrSP, 07 December 2012 - 04:04 PM.

You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#36 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Well, this fun and frivolity must come to an end....I'm sorry to see that no one decided to step up to the plate to take a swing.

For those who may want a quick course on breadth dynamics, and in particular the McClellan Oscillator and McClellan Summation Index, I'll refer you to one of several posts/threads I've made over the years that I hope will be helpful.

For everyone else, please be assured that my door is always open for any discussions in technical analysis without fear of retribution. And don't let my seemingly one dimensional take on the market keep the questions from moving into other areas of analysis in which I have chosen to put on the back burner as their importance will remain muted as long as the monetary policy of the last 12 years remains intact.

Good skill to all and may your holiday season be a jolly one!

Fib

#37 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Fib, Maybe it would be much easier for people to learn if you would post annotated charts with an explanation of how you arrived at the conclusions. People are very busy, no time for hour long debates. Or just write a book and publish it so people can read at their own pace and learn. You seem to give little bits of information and expect people to keep asking questions, no time for that.

#38 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Or just write a book and publish it so people can read at their own pace and learn.

Already in the works.

You seem to give little bits of information and expect people to keep asking questions, no time for that.

But they have the time to constantly read posts on a message board all during the day in an effort to "fish" for someone else's hot hand?

Thanks for the feedback.

Fib

#39 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

All eager for the treat:
They hadn't any feet.

Talking in riddles is not my modus operandi.

I ask once again, did you have a question for me or are you going to continue this charade?

Fib

As if ...

good misdirection, though.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#40 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Well, I had a very specific question for you last night, and all you did was weasel around and not answer it.

What part of: "Remember that the McClellan Oscillator is a accelerometer of the NYAD line...the higher the reading, the longer it will take for momentum to be worked off before prices can turn in the opposite direction." dead on specific answer to your question wasn't made absolutely clear?

I didn't see a follow up question from you...am I to assume that you have very little technical knowledge when it comes to momentum and its dynamic applications to the direction of price? Do I need to take the position of being a condescending "guru" and explain every nuance to someone who has already shown great understanding in this area?

So what exactly IS your follow up question?

Fib

---------------------
Fibquotes....

OK...now that's out of the way...

The McClellan Oscillator measures the SPEED in which these two EMA's are either moving towards or away from each other.
from here
http://www.traders-t...mp;#entry487553
in another post.....
-------

What part of: "Remember that the McClellan Oscillator is a accelerometer of the NYAD line...the higher the reading, the longer it will take for momentum to be worked off before prices can turn in the opposite direction." dead on specific answer to your question wasn't made absolutely clear?

---------------------

So does the oscillator measure speed or acceleration based on this THEORY....? acceleration is a first derivative of speed as per Physics 101

Edited by andiron, 08 December 2012 - 03:10 PM.