• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

TOILET paper. That is, the FED's going to keep monetizing until the dollar collapses.

Gotta love this guy Schiff. Once again he was mocked, on CNBC, and once again he was right and made those who laughed at him look like a bunch of fools.

Truly, Schiff was the only one out there consistently saying the FED wouldn't Taper.

http://www.zerohedge...

Personally, I don't follow Schiff, but anyone who has seen a number of my posts would see that I've said a number of times the Fed simply cannot stop QE, and in fact, they are likely going to have to double what they are doing now from $85 billion, to more than $160 billion per month, sometime in 2014.

And as simple and lame as it sounds, the Fed starting QE likely didn't have a strategy in terms of when to end it, because they likely thought they were just buying time, and would allow the economy and banks to 'heal.'

Unfortunately, for the 'brain' that Im sure Ben thinks he is, the QE and extensions only has served to get the banks and financial system into deeper trouble, requiring in effect a far stronger economy than the US has ever experienced. More debt now exists, more leverage has been taken on by banks, more profits squandered into fewer and fewer hands, and more citizens setting themselves up for more problems by extending and refinancing out farther than they ever had while lowering monthly payments to help in the short term, but increasing total interest paid in the longer term.
OTIS.