gapdown

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 typicalbear

typicalbear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

I am a Republican, but I don't like Boehner. I actually like the Affordable Care Act as it should actually lower the costs and it is one of the growing hurdle of the corporations. They are dropping the coverage of their employees anyway. I don't think social security or medicare will really run out of money either, the benefits can be slightly adjusted and the costs will eventually come down a bit with better technologies too. The gap in between the median income and top 1% must be closed, it really means the top 1% must be taxed at 90% again to pay off the national debt, not more current account deficit. There is only one viable way to balance the budget, and it is to tax the top 1%. Sad, I know...

Omg!

You believe that those who are rich or have more than you or another should be taxed at 90% while those without pay 0% or even 25%? You have got to be kidding me. Your all about trickle down I guess.. amazed...

I support dr ben carson who I pray runs next term. A very smart man who will end the hand out an swears by a 10% tax across the board for everyone. No loopholes and no deductions. EVERYONE rich and poor pays the same. Period...

Violating tos here but my got your statement is amazing. Once this is flagged or Im warned I'll take action to never read your thoughts even by mistake.

O.K., but how do you spell ....THIRD WORLD COUNTRY?

#42 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

Why is it there are usually two sides to an argument taken by most people, but neither looks at the real problem. That usually gets the attention of that small percentage left who gets it. Why worry about sharks when the water is poisoned? We have nearly $58T in debt and maybe $15T to pay it off with. This guarantees debt will continue to grow until there is some massive amount of debt evaporation (bankruptcy, default). Private debt sources started to pay down some debt, but they cannot make a decent dent as it is mathematically impossible. We have a system where new money is created with attached debt, and since new money is needed to grow the economy, growth must come with ever increasing debt. Since paying down debt by the private sector causes contraction, to make this look good, the government has been picking up the debt increasing slack, but that is no solution as it will be taken from us to cover that. Fix the problem and not the symptoms - a need for more taxes is just a symptom. Fix the monetary system so more is never owed than is created.

Edited by gm_general, 07 October 2013 - 03:08 AM.

#43 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

Maybe, but if a govt only spends to make its top 1% richer, literally bleeds into them, no amount of debt can save them. When they made their bad bets in the real estate, the govt did not have to bail out in trillions any of them, especially the backdoor bail out of GS via AIG and so on. About 30-40% of the debt was created to bail out the banks which should belong to people right now, and the banks made record profits since 2009. All of their profits, yes 100% (not even 90%), should've been returned to Treasury, they should've been taxed or transferred all of their profits back to govt. There is your symptom. This is only one of them, there are a ton of govt sponsored projects where the private equity has priority to exit, or bailed out, in case the projects fail. When they get such a special treatment, you must tax them. It is ridiculous what they get away with while the people are holding the bag. This is common sense, either the system has never worked, or some people are getting a completely different treatment by capitalizing the gains and socializing the losses...

#44 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:44 AM

Gentlemen you are all way off the beam. Now I am getting into statistics nonsense but thing this way, 400 people own more than 150M, 400/150000000 = .000026% A child cannot take on 50k tutition debt and pay back 75k, because when she took the debt they only printed the 50k, they did not print and give her 75k, or in any ways put the other 25k into the system that was uniquely accessible to her against the original 50k, they only printed the 50k. Are you seeing yet why all others lose, she basiscally has to gain some aggressive advantage to steal the other 25k from others lower on the ladder. Now a young family cannot borrow 150k for a house and pay back 250k, because only 150k was printed and put into the system, the other 100k interest loss/waste did not exist and was never printed with the original loan, cant be paid back to bank because it does not and never will exist yet. It must be stolen from someone less fortuneate. Hello? The way it is suppose to work. Eeach child is born with a collateral account. They may use the money intest free through life, the tuition, the home purchase, investments, and when it's gone that was their shot, they lose. So they should pay it back to their account interst free through life. They must be schooled in math, accounting, finance and austrian economics property throughout 12 grades so they dont screw it up. They lose if they fail and all others may continue to prosper because not debt and interest fraud is stolen from others less fortuneate.

Edited by AChartist, 07 October 2013 - 05:46 AM.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#45 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

asset inflation policies, by its very nature, perpetuate and institutionalize social inequality... CPI type inflation has been irrelevant in developed economies usually... The angst in developed world is primarily due to prevention of natural Schumpeterian destruction that market/capitalist forces brought to bear..when they talk about intervention to prevent depression, it was depression for Hamptonites or Palm beach residents or the seedy parasitic wankers they were trying to avert... They won the first battle but Nature will eventually win...

Edited by andiron, 07 October 2013 - 06:09 AM.

#46 Sooth

Sooth

• Traders-Talk User
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

I am a Republican, but I don't like Boehner. I actually like the Affordable Care Act as it should actually lower the costs and it is one of the growing hurdle of the corporations. They are dropping the coverage of their employees anyway. I don't think social security or medicare will really run out of money either, the benefits can be slightly adjusted and the costs will eventually come down a bit with better technologies too. The gap in between the median income and top 1% must be closed, it really means the top 1% must be taxed at 90% again to pay off the national debt, not by running more current account deficit. There is only one viable way to balance the budget, and it is to tax the top 1%. Sad, I know...

1. I am not a Republican (or a member of any other political party) and I don't like Boehner, (or most members of congress, on both sides of the aisle.)

2. I don't like the Affordable Care Act because it takes an intrinsically flawed health care model and makes it even worse. We've now taken DMV and put it in charge of our health care. I can't see how the AFA is leading to anything other than a poorer quality product at an even higher cost. (According to one US gov't website, 2/3 of health care costs are generated by easily/cheaply treatable or self-induced conditions -- lack of exercise, obesity, hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, smoking, alcohol, and drug abuse. The only effort I've seen from the administration to counter this is Michelle Obama as an unpaid spokesperson for healthy living. Not that I disagree about much of anything she's advocating, but I suspect that she is mainly preaching to the choir and that this is more PR than anything. I don't think it will have much, if any, effect on the groups that should be targeted.)

3. Crony capitalism pretty well guarantees that the top 1% won't be taxed at 90% no matter who is is charge. What of the mountains of US debt? The Civil War debt was never paid off, it was monetized. IMO, the US gov't will do what every gov't since the Romans has done about it, they'll inflate it away.

#47 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

opex

i believe sep opex week is more than 50% lower, but please look for the stats this is my fading memory.

I believe we are in Oct :lol:

I know what you mean though ;)

duh,

shouldnt stay up past my bedtme!

yes Oct and opex is not this week but is right afer D-Day, the 17th, that is what I meant
best,
klh

#48 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

opex

i believe sep opex week is more than 50% lower, but please look for the stats this is my fading memory.

I believe we are in Oct :lol:

I know what you mean though ;)

duh,

shouldnt stay up past my bedtme!

yes Oct and opex is not this week but is right afer D-Day, the 17th, that is what I meant

Stocck Almanac on Seasonals -
http://mrtopstep.com...ad-best-months/
best,
klh

#49 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

REMEMBER, some posts are starting to drift.

There's a TON of political discussion going on. A lot of people are angry about a lot of different things.

It may be a good thing that folks are engaging a bit and actually talking and thinking about his stuff, but having seen a lot of it, it's draining, it's angry, and it's not at all helpful to trading.

Please avoid politics. Avoid political sniping. Stop and think before you post. If someone is grinding your fanny with political stuff, report it.

I want this to be someplace where the only thing annoying you is the money you didn't make today. And in point of fact, I want this to be the place where you go to remedy the latter.

When in doubt, read the TOS.

Mark

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#50 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

AChartist, So you are saying your wage is stolen from somebody when you work? Your thinking is completely wrong. If you work to create goods and services, you actually turn your time (or life however you want to put it) into money. Hopefully your time is more valuable than your expenses (including your debts and interest). So, when you borrow, you either pay it back with a portion of your life (almost a prison sentence but with more liberties) or take smart risks and win. If your risk taking doesn't pay off, you still have to pay back (unless you pass away first) or become bankrupt (which will be the pain of your life for another decade)... LOL

Gentlemen you are all way off the beam.

Now I am getting into statistics nonsense but thing this way, 400 people own more than 150M, 400/150000000 = .000026%

A child cannot take on 50k tutition debt and pay back 75k, because when she took the debt they only printed the 50k, they did not print and
give her 75k, or in any ways put the other 25k into the system that was uniquely accessible to her against the original 50k, they only printed the 50k. Are you seeing yet why all others lose, she basiscally has
to gain some aggressive advantage to steal the other 25k from others lower on the ladder.

Now a young family cannot borrow 150k for a house and pay back 250k, because only 150k was printed and put into the system, the other
100k interest loss/waste did not exist and was never printed with the original loan, cant be paid back to bank
because it does not and never will exist yet. It must be stolen from someone less fortuneate. Hello?

The way it is suppose to work.

Eeach child is born with a collateral account.

They may use the money intest free through life, the tuition, the home purchase, investments, and when it's gone that was their shot, they lose.
So they should pay it back to their account interst free through life. They must be schooled in math, accounting, finance and austrian economics property
throughout 12 grades so they dont screw it up.
They lose if they fail and all others may continue to prosper because not debt and interest fraud is stolen from others less fortuneate.