• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

I got no pony in this race.
Never smoked the stuff...couldn't get motivated.
Went to Taco Bell instead. :lol:

Alcohol ban has pushed kids to pills; Marijuana feminizes men...

Fourth graders busted for selling pot at elementary school...

STUDY: Marijuana may cause heart problems in young adults...

Drug arrests are still the best way for "law enforcement" and their pals to get money, from public defenders to union run jails and prisons.
Cops Tie Up 75-Year-Old Grandmother in Botched Drug Raid...

Speaking of feminizing males. You should check your farm runoff lakes and rivers for the chemical Atrazine.

Atrazine, one of the most widely used farm pesticides in the United States, has feminized male frogs and other animals in some scientific studies. But research examining potential effects in people is relatively sparse.

A few studies have found possible connections between atrazine and higher rates of some birth defects and poor semen quality in men. Yet scientists say more human research is needed to reach any conclusions. “It pales in comparison to the animal research,” said Dr. Paul Winchester, an Indiana University professor of clinical pediatrics who studies the pesticide.

For more than half a century, U.S. farmers have used large volumes of atrazine to kill weeds, particularly in cornfields. The herbicide has been found in waterways and aquifers that supply drinking water. Syngenta, its manufacturer, says that the chemical is safe for both humans and wildlife at levels found in the environment.
http://www.environme...atrazine-health

#62 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

Well the 3 day party in GWPH is over for me at 69.70 as it's only up .40 so far today. This is the first time I made money on pot........legally..... :lol:

#63 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

Watters’ World at Denver’s ‘4/20’ Event: “I Love Chocolate Bunnies!!”
"I don't plan for tomorrow or worry about brain damage."

Video:

Jesse Watters spent Easter weekend in Denver, visiting the city's public '4/20' celebration.
Colorado is one of the few states in which marijuana is a legal substance.
Watters asked one marijuana enthusiast whether she knew the meaning of Easter:
"I love chocolate bunnies!" she responded.
"I wake up, smoke a bowl, fall asleep, smoke a bowl, go to work..." one reveler responded when Watters asked them what they do in the average day.
"I'm a trust fund kid, I dont do anything," another said.
"What did you do last weekend?" Watters asked a young man.
"I don't remember so it must've been good," he said.
Watters asked another man whether he had heard of a study in a major medical journal linking even recreational marijuana use to brain damage.
"I never read it, but that's a false statement," he attested.

The Denver event was not exclusive to people over the age of majority, as Watters met children as young as 14 milling around the festival.
Watters also inquired as to the grade point average of some of the students in attendance.
One student admitted they maintained a C average.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 26 April 2014 - 09:03 AM.

#64 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

Watters’ World at Denver’s ‘4/20’ Event: “I Love Chocolate Bunnies!!”
"I don't plan for tomorrow or worry about brain damage."

Video:

Jesse Watters spent Easter weekend in Denver, visiting the city's public '4/20' celebration.
Colorado is one of the few states in which marijuana is a legal substance.
Watters asked one marijuana enthusiast whether she knew the meaning of Easter:
"I love chocolate bunnies!" she responded.
"I wake up, smoke a bowl, fall asleep, smoke a bowl, go to work..." one reveler responded when Watters asked them what they do in the average day.
"I'm a trust fund kid, I dont do anything," another said.
"What did you do last weekend?" Watters asked a young man.
"I don't remember so it must've been good," he said.
Watters asked another man whether he had heard of a study in a major medical journal linking even recreational marijuana use to brain damage.
"I never read it, but that's a false statement," he attested.

The Denver event was not exclusive to people over the age of majority, as Watters met children as young as 14 milling around the festival.
Watters also inquired as to the grade point average of some of the students in attendance.
One student admitted they maintained a C average.

Keep watching Fox news and stay ignorant forever. I watched Hannity and his silly pro/con pot town meeting. The man oozes ignorance, like O'Really does.... :D

Meanwhile if anyone watches this you may end up way less ignorant.
RUN FROM THE CURE by an old guy named Rick Simpson from Canada and all the struggles he's been thru trying to use pot oil as a cancer cure.
It seems to work especially well on curing external cancer on the skin. Just an FYI in case one has to deal with the nasty disease.

#65 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

Keep watching Fox news and stay ignorant forever.

That quote pretty well proves the damage has been done. ;)
I personally got tired of visiting my brother in prison.
Pot was his gateway to hell.
He told me that he was a better athlete when smoking pot.
Knowing that was a vacuous statement, I replied: "Maybe you just think you are better because of the effects of the drugs."
Unmotivated, he eventually dropped out of school and supported his use thru crime.
Petty theft turned into burglaries and escalated to armed robberies with gunfire.
Once while he was in one of his various prison homes, I got a call from a stranger asking for Quaaludes.
The phone went dead when I told him that he was looking for my brother and it would be 5 to 10 years before the order was filled.
He has been on government assistance now for 3 decades.
The government gives him drugs now to keep him high and out of prison.
The damage done to our parents, and his wife and children is horrendous.

Later, our older brother was killed by alcohol when a drunk driver hit him head-on going the wrong way on an interstate highway.

I'm pretty much libertarian on the issue of drugs and think prison for non-violent users is a scam and would rather see prison for repeat DUIs.
Choose your poison.
I choose gardening.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 26 April 2014 - 05:23 PM.

#66 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

STUDY: Even casual marijuana use damages brain in young...

The study, published in The Journal of Neuroscience, which compared high-resolution MRI brain scans of recreational marijuana users aged 18 to 25 with those of nonusers, found significant abnormalities in the left nucleus accumbens and the left amygdala of marijuana users, even those who smoked just once per week. These regions of the brain are responsible for pleasure and reward, processing memory, emotional reactions, and the assessment of negative consequences.

Previously, the only existing studies on the subject had applied to those who smoked excessively—for example, once per day for approximately three years. This study targets those who smoke only a few times per week.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 19 August 2014 - 08:21 AM.

#67 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

There have been growing reports of adolescents who use marijuana or tobacco cigarettes dipped in embalming fluid.
Most of these reports involve young people presenting for drug treatment, many of whom were incoherent.

Findings have emerged that the embalming fluid compound found on the street contains PCP and that adolescents do not know this.

That's what is developing in the Ferguson, Missouri race incident.

It's turning out that Michael Brown was not just a kid walking down the street. Swisher Sweets, the cigars that Brown strong-armed just before his fatal encounter with the police, are used in the mixing of pot and PCP.

You take a Swisher Sweet, replace the tobacco with marijuana, and soak the result in embalming fluid [!] laced with PCP. Effects can include walking in the middle of the street oblivious to the traffic.

http://americanmanif...in-princes.html
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#68 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

CO Man Shoots Wife To Death After Eating Pot-Infused Candy...

Talks About End Of World...

Asks 7-Year-Old Son To Kill Him...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 23 August 2014 - 10:10 AM.

#69 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

As one who has never smoked the stuff, I have no regrets that I was not a member of the notorious Choom Gang.
I need all of my brain cells to be fully functional.

STUDY: Teens who Smoke Marijuana Daily 'Seven Times More Likely to Commit Suicide'...

The findings showed a link between a considerable use of cannabis and a high risk of suicide as well as poor educational outcomes.
Researchers also found that teenagers who use cannabis very often are at an eight times greater risk of using other illegal drugs in their twenties, and they can also develop an addiction to marijuana.
"What we found is that although the effects were greatest for the daily users, there were also notable effects at the lower frequencies of cannabis use as well," said study lead author Edmund Silins.

Teenagers who start smoking cannabis daily before the age of 17 are seven times more likely to commit suicide, a study has found.
According to the paper, published in the Lancet Psychiatry journal, youths who smoke marijuana on a daily basis are also 60% less likely to finish high school.
Researchers led by the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre at the University of New South Wales analysed results of three large, long-running studies from Australia and New Zealand involving nearly 3,800 people.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 11 September 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#70 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:37 PM

PAPER: POT, THE TERRIBLE TRUTH...

The terrible truth about cannabis:
British expert's devastating 20-year study finally demolishes claims that smoking pot is harmless

One in six teenagers who regularly smoke the drug become dependent
It doubles risk of developing psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia
Heavy use in adolescence appears to impair intellectual development
Driving after smoking cannabis doubles risk of having a car crash
Study's author said: 'If cannabis is not addictive then neither is heroin'

Main Finding: Regular use, especially among teenagers, leads to long-term mental health problems and addiction.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 06 October 2014 - 10:41 PM.