490 replies to this topic

#151 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

Hot topic deserves a tell-tale hot spot:

DEATH VALLEY

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#152 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:33 PM

Earth was warmer during medieval times...

"Within mainstream climate science, the temperature decline after 1980 is referred to as “the divergence problem”, and then hidden.

In denial of this problem, leading climate scientists have been known to even graft temperature measurements from thermometers onto the proxy record after 1980 to literally ‘hide the decline’.  Phil Jones, the head of the Climate Research Unit, University of East Anglia, aptly described the technique as a ‘trick’.

There are multiple lines of evidence indicating it was about a degree warmer across Europe during the MWP – corresponding with the 1200 AD rise in our Northern Hemisphere composite.  In fact, there are oodles of published technical papers based on proxy records that provide a relatively warm temperature profile for this period. This was before the Little Ice Age when it was too cold to inhabit Greenland.

Medieval_Warm_Period.jpg

The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, without a shadow of a doubt, what is laid before him.

~Leo Tolstoy

Edited by Rogerdodger, 22 August 2017 - 12:38 PM.

#153 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

Al Gore Outsold On Kindle By An E-Book Debunking ‘An Inconvenient Sequel’

Climatologist Roy Spencer authored an e-book, “An Inconvenient Deception,” to critique the “bad science, bad policy and some outright falsehoods” in Gore’s latest movie and book, which were released in August. Now, it’s ranked higher in Amazon’s Kindle store.

“Sea level has been rising steadily at about 1 inch per decade for over 150 years, long before CO2 emissions could be blamed,” Spencer said, noting one of Gore’s most egregious deceptions in the film. “In Miami Beach, the rise is double because the buildings were built on reclaimed swamp, which is now sinking,” Spencer said.

“Video of glaciers calving and Greenland melting is another example, it happens every year, just as it has for thousands of years, and 2017 was a huge snow accumulation year with little melting.”

Gore also claims in the movie that corn and wheat yields in China have been declining because of rising global average temperature.

“Agricultural yields around the world have continued to increase, with no sign of negative effects from global warming,” Spencer said. “His claim that corn and wheat yields in China have decreased in recent decades is, quite simply, false.”

Global_Greening.png

California_Greening.jpg

CO2_food.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 05 September 2017 - 09:33 AM.

#154 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

EVACUATE FLORIDA!

Aptly named, this DACA day.

The Almighty must have a bit of a sick sense of humor.

Edited by diogenes227, 05 September 2017 - 12:46 PM.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#155 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:55 AM

The leftist coast labor owes the rest of the country CO2 tax bigtime for this.

from ZH today:

As Hurricanes Slam The South, Shocking Images Show The Western US Is Literally On Fire

Amid the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey and the impending destruction of Hurricane Irma, many Americans may not be aware that the western region of the country is suffering the

opposite wrath of mother nature. From southern California to Washington, wildfires are engulfing thousands of acres of land and prompting thousands of evacuations. Many of the

states battling the wildfires have been doing so all summer.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#156 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:06 AM

The leftist coast labor owes the rest of the country CO2 tax bigtime for this.

from ZH today:

As Hurricanes Slam The South, Shocking Images Show The Western US Is Literally On Fire

Amid the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey and the impending destruction of Hurricane Irma, many Americans may not be aware that the western region of the country is suffering the

opposite wrath of mother nature. From southern California to Washington, wildfires are engulfing thousands of acres of land and prompting thousands of evacuations. Many of the

states battling the wildfires have been doing so all summer.

Yup, the West is on fire, Texas is underwater. Florida is about to be blown to Alabama by Irma and maybe to Oklahoma by Jose, where the survivors will be decimated by the next tornado season like those sad Katrina victims who lingered in the great flat folly known as Houston.  All this is not a coincidence.  And you're talking about the "leftist coast" where it is recognized for what it is while those getting smacked in the face can't any longer find some sand to stick their head in?  Sad.

#157 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:30 PM

earth changes are solar fields and earth expansion, new lands rising, changing

ocean topography with changing ocean currents.

earth expansion is believed to be a plasma energy core activated by the sun.

quite an uninhabitable place as the periods of civilization were so short in geological time and destroyed many times, 7 times.

when the biggest dinosaurs hearts pumped blood up to their heads, earth was 1/8 its size and 1/8 the gravity.

earth may eventually expand into a gas giant, then just entropy.

reality and the universe is so complex leftists should just kill themselves now and get it over with, I better check in with some fake news tv legs to

get my occult weird science entrainment to fit in

#158 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:57 PM

Diogenes being a little obtuse there but a point is no one knows anything about anything real, only find that out in a science education

then long long productive work history in reality, cant lie in reality, that only happens in real work.

That is why godliness is work and visaversa, tiny numbers of educated people that know about knowledge is the

way federali diseducation wants it to keep their 14th amend taxfarm slaves coming back for more. When I approach work there are rote aspects of what I learned

before but most often I am going into unknowns knowing that I know nothing, to measure, test, calculate, model, experiment, refine, discover every learning produces breakthroughs

by the process not by what I thought by rote before. No one knows about this but from a productive science or math discipline. Sure there may be coders that have to master a science

subject to write an alogrithm about it but think about most new science of computers, all rote monkeys, generations of them. Think about "service" economy pushing fake

debt paper around rote tasks. Thinking is the dead breed, we will only leave a remnant.

#159 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

A small issue that is seldom discussed .... when sea level rise is discussed.

The east coast, many areas of gulf of Mexico. ... Plus parts of the rest of the world .... land is sinking!

Pick you story and/or your source ...

https://www.bing.com...177A4C6#qbidx=5
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#160 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:21 AM

YUP