Ο νοών...νοείτω

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:57 PM

It doesn't matter. The Troika keeps adding many more demands each time the Greeks meet the prior milestone.

http://trueeconomics...eek-crisis.html

According to across the curve, Greece appears to have agreed to get all of the above done by Wednesday.

Yes I heard that.
All I know is that the young female Speaker of the House, Zoe Konstantopoulou, initiated and chaired an Audit Committee: Greece’s Debt ‘Illegal, Illegitimate and Odious’ - See more at:
http://greece.greekr...h.3Don0O19.dpuf
She has also stated no 'memorandums' will be presented to the House during her time of serving.
I also know that the Goverment spent 5 months trying to persuade us no more 'Troika' and no more 'Memorandums'.
In fact the Troika was baptised/renamed the 'Insitutions' and the 'Memorandum' became an 'Agreement Plan'.
Tomorrow is Monday......

Edited by tria, 12 July 2015 - 02:00 PM.

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#22 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:44 PM

The Greek banks apparently run out of money Monday, but the earliest an agreement could be done is Wednesday now?

#23 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:45 PM

First hardle: Speaker of the House, Zoe Konstantopoulou says she will not resign...... It takes about 3 days to change the Speaker of the House through a motion of no confidence, I think.

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#24 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

The Greek banks apparently run out of money Monday, but the earliest an agreement could be done is Wednesday now?

They said the same on Mondays 6/29 about last Monday 7/6.
I don't believe in anything I hear or read in MSM neither in most politicians proclamations.
They have lost my confidence many years ago. I have posted my real time experiences and personal thoughts. The Banks will stay closed for another week imo and this is the good-case scenario.
They will never reopen as we knew them, in the worst-case scenario.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#25 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:31 PM

Well well, they are trying to humiliate Greece and to overthrow the Tsipras Government at the same time... They have allready succeeded in their first aim but will they succeed in hitting their second target? It may get 'violent' from now on, both in the Parliament and in the streets, I am afraid. Goodbye.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#26 CRUISENAL

CRUISENAL

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:33 PM

Be careful Tria. Best wishes!

#27 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:52 PM

They took a break to consult technocrats to overcome a problem. The sumitt will probably last a few more hours, a long night for all Eurozone leaders. Some progress was announced. A 5-year suffering that was starting to bring some good results last fall will continue, and above all, all Greek credibility was lost in the lat 6 months. The recession will last for 2 years at least. HOPE I AM WRONG on things turning ugly/violent next week.

Edited by tria, 12 July 2015 - 05:00 PM.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#28 csw2002

csw2002

• Traders-Talk User
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:16 PM

Tria, a straw poll I conducted among my Greek friends has resulted in an overwhelming oxi to the new demands and they would have been Nai voters had they been in Greece a week ago. I think the new demands will not be accepted because it represents complete humiliation of Greece. I can understand the psychology when one gives in only to see more humiliating demands. The new demands will not fly with syriza and given that those I polled were posak, potami and nd voters, these new demands may not fly with opposition parties either. We could see total failure here and those Greeks I polled even suggested to do whatever it takes to hurt EU and Germany in particular (though not sure what can be done). Extraordinary sentiment here.
Don't be a fool like me - How I lost $10K

#29 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:58 PM

Tria, a straw poll I conducted among my Greek friends has resulted in an overwhelming oxi to the new demands and they would have been Nai voters had they been in Greece a week ago. I think the new demands will not be accepted because it represents complete humiliation of Greece. I can understand the psychology when one gives in only to see more humiliating demands. The new demands will not fly with syriza and given that those I polled were posak, potami and nd voters, these new demands may not fly with opposition parties either. We could see total failure here and those Greeks I polled even suggested to do whatever it takes to hurt EU and Germany in particular (though not sure what can be done). Extraordinary sentiment here.

Same view/feelings as mine csw. The Greek parliament's united NAI 251/300 votes may turn into an OXI even among the previously conservative voting people, never mind the public sector employees, pentioners, trade unions and antiauthoritarians.
Tsipras has a big problem imlementing what is being asked for which is an anti-syriza ultimatum in fact.
Any Greek coalition Gov. may have the same problem. Chaos.......
Public sector reformation is/was urgently needed however as well as fighting bureaucracy, public corruption, tax evasion etc., etc.

Edited by tria, 12 July 2015 - 06:01 PM.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#30 An Ant

An Ant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:01 PM

But who is asking citizens? Now it's all up to the parliament.