Early Next Drop

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 csw2002

csw2002

• Traders-Talk User
  • 554 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:31 PM

Blustar is one of my favourite fade when he gives huge downside move targets. He is what I call AAW (almost always wrong) trader as almost always the opposite occurs to his forecast. The only success over the years was Jan 2014, but before that and since then, he was and is always wrong. Bears beware.

Seems you haven't read the site rules... although your observation is incorrect and over-the-top,,, in any case that kind of comment does not belong on this site.  As OEXCHAOS says, "we don't beat up folks for being wrong" and that's just what you did.

So knock it off and act professionally.

Here's the rule that applies:

*Conduct yourself generally as you would at any professional encounter with respected colleagues."

I apologise to Brad (aka Blustar) for calling him a AAW trader - but I am not sure if my observation about his ridiculous downside target is incorrect. Semi, with the search function, it's easy to come up with a historical list of forecasts Blustar had put up over the years. Perhaps you can advise other than Jan 2014, which other large downside targets Blustar had hit over the years and I would change my mind. In mid Oct 2015, after another forecast for huge downside (right before the ECB announcement) I asked Brad why he didn't forecast huge volatility during the Aug and Sept when those targets were plausible, and he never responded. Here is the same thing again and I can't help have a dig at him. Calling Blustar AAW trader is over the top but being criticized for calling out his outrageous downside targets that have almost never worked is political correctness taken too far.

Don't be a fool like me - How I lost $10K

#12 csw2002

csw2002

• Traders-Talk User
  • 554 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:40 PM

I agree with semi.  If anyone is wrong here, they'll get enough punishment from the market.  There is no need really for anyone else to beat up on them.

Instead of ridiculing blustar, maybe csw you can tell us how are you trading this market? 

I don't see you apologise to Gameover whenever you beat him up on his extremely bullish calls - which I might add - have worked quite a few times rather than 90% failure rate of Blustar's extreme bearish calls has enjoyed.

I have shared my works - most recently on the extremely high shares under management (now almost back at ATH) for various short funds and the exceptionally strong institutional moneyflow (by way of DJIA block trade moneyflow chart) since January. That made me turn bullish in late January as dumb money (SH shares outstanding) was short and smart money (institutional MF) being long. I don't make myself out to be some sort of trading guru as I am certainly not and that's why I don't post much. That doesn't mean I have no right to criticize obviously wrong forecasts that made by those who claim to be some sort of guru.

#13 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:09 PM

Those who take other peoples money and are wrong 90 percent of the time should be out of business.

#14 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:33 PM

MDurkin -

are you saying that for market advisors alone - or also for politicians?

best,
klh

#15 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:05 PM

I agree with semi.  If anyone is wrong here, they'll get enough punishment from the market.  There is no need really for anyone else to beat up on them.

Instead of ridiculing blustar, maybe csw you can tell us how are you trading this market? 

I don't see you apologise to Gameover whenever you beat him up on his extremely bullish calls - which I might add - have worked quite a few times rather than 90% failure rate of Blustar's extreme bearish calls has enjoyed.

I should apologize to Gameover?  Every time he's come here to ridicule everyone on this board and I am not supposed to say anything in return??  Get real man.  His calls are lacking any substance and are so juvenile I am not sure how can anyone have any regard for him.  But apparently you do. 

#16 csw2002

csw2002

• Traders-Talk User
  • 554 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:03 AM

I should apologize to Gameover?  Every time he's come here to ridicule everyone on this board and I am not supposed to say anything in return??  Get real man.  His calls are lacking any substance and are so juvenile I am not sure how can anyone have any regard for him.  But apparently you do. 

Why do I smell the strong stench of double standards? Is it OK for you to ridicule Gameover over his "Bilderberg contacts" and it's not OK for me to do so on Blustar's wacky "Mars over Venus". Is stargazing (and I am really giving far more credit than the name stargazing suggests here) more analytic than Bilderberg contact for stock market analysis? It's OK for you to feel insulted when Gameover keeps telling bears that new highs are coming (unless you are a permabear who shorted all the way up) but it's not when I feel intellectually insulted with outrageous downside targets that has had less than 10% success rate over the years. This reeks of intellectual dishonesty and argumentative nonsense.

Just to clarify, Blustar is OK when he sticks with modest and moderate targets. It is when he expects 60 - 100 moves in SPX that should complete within 24 - 48 hours that really irk me because of extraordinarily unlikeliness for them to come to pass.

#17 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:00 AM

You have a bottom Tuesday of 2012, and a target of 2147 by friday?  Dang...  I am all about respect and kindness but if I understand this right I would like to offer taking your trade for no commission!!

I have a top now... and a test of 2060 coming. From there well one day at a time.  I have gold bottoming right here... small down into Tuesday then rocket ride.

#18 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:16 AM

Why do I smell the strong stench of double standards? Is it OK for you to ridicule Gameover over his "Bilderberg contacts" and it's not OK for me to do so on Blustar's wacky "Mars over Venus". Is stargazing (and I am really giving far more credit than the name stargazing suggests here) more analytic than Bilderberg contact for stock market analysis? It's OK for you to feel insulted when Gameover keeps telling bears that new highs are coming (unless you are a permabear who shorted all the way up) but it's not when I feel intellectually insulted with outrageous downside targets that has had less than 10% success rate over the years. This reeks of intellectual dishonesty and argumentative nonsense.

Just to clarify, Blustar is OK when he sticks with modest and moderate targets. It is when he expects 60 - 100 moves in SPX that should complete within 24 - 48 hours that really irk me because of extraordinarily unlikeliness for them to come to pass.

You know something csw, I come to these boards with conscious effort not to offend anyone and to be the most respectful to everyone.  And in 90% of the time I prevent myself from posting in order not to go into argument like this.

Double standards?  Ok you consider them to be the same.  I don't.  Bluestar does his own analysis, which is mostly wave based I think.  I am aware of his outrageous targets but I usually hear just the direction and dismiss the rest. As far as gameover, we are talking about inside information from "bilderberg contacts" . I think that's ridiculous and juvenile for anyone trading real money but I guess you don't. 

All this is  really beside the point.  I simply said be nice to blustar since if he is wrong, market will deliver the beating and that's enough of a punishment.   That's all man but maybe you are riding winning wave now and feel indestructible. 

Anyway, I really don't want to go further into this.  I'll take a hike from this board since I've been questioning the value of hanging here for some time now.  Many good folks have left(and can be easily found no twitter if needed).  I stuck around so that I would share my thoughts on the market once in a while but if the environment is not supportive, what's the point?  

#19 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:17 AM

Why do I smell the strong stench of double standards? Is it OK for you to ridicule Gameover over his "Bilderberg contacts" and it's not OK for me to do so on Blustar's wacky "Mars over Venus".

There is no double standard.  The difference between Gameover and Blustar is clear... GO gets some kind of sick pleasure out of taunting those who contradict his forecast.  Blustar offers his forecast without thumbing his nose at others.

Gameover claims to have contacts in Bilderberg, but that is bs.  Take a look at the Bilderberg website, and you will see this statement.

"There is no detailed agenda, no resolutions are proposed, no votes are taken, and no policy statements are issued."

Bilderberg is just "an annual forum for informal discussions, designed to foster dialogue between Europe and North America".  There is no agenda to boost stock markets worldwide.  If BB had such power, why did the 2008-09 bear market occur?  The truth is, GO's claims to have insider info from BB is just an attempt to beat his own chest.

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.

#20 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:37 PM

well gents, IG shows on Sunday quotation -1% for most markets. So wild call of Mr. Bluestar could be not so wild... smile.png

we likely to fall on bad news, but Boyz need good news to sell. therefore falling will be short. later on they will produce some good news - and sell into it. so cudos Bluestar. you could be dead right. could be.. I would say 60%

Edited by alexnewbee, 17 April 2016 - 02:44 PM.

"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein