• 1,080 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

no opinion on whether it can hold that to the close

#2 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:49 PM

This is what you wrote to Kinga200 on Jan 7 after his/her forecast for a gap down on Monday:

"how can you make such a specific prediction? are you really that good? then what after the gap:hold for a trend day down or take your profits at the open? I just don't buy it that on a Friday close you can predict a Monday opening.  if anyone were that good they could own the world in six months."

How is your prediction of Dow 20K tomorrow any different than Kinga200's prediction?  

Edited by kssmibotm, 11 January 2017 - 04:50 PM.

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.

#3 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:50 PM

It could do substantially more than 20K tomorrow. I have been thinking for some time that there would be NO CHANCE of a gap (via the futures) that would essentially guarantee that price but, after today, I am not so sure. I am sure that there are a bunch of shorts that are simply hanging on to a thread of hope that they don't gap it up and run away with it tomorrow, but that would not surprise me at all. I am NOT mocking anybody.........I have been in that position WAY TOO MANY times myself......I know how bad it feels........but the possibility is very real.

#4 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

ES close has been basically trashed for the last three days. Even though the SPX cash did not make a new closing high and, even though it was not by much, ES just made a new official closing high.

#5 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:43 PM

This is what you wrote to Kinga200 on Jan 7 after his/her forecast for a gap down on Monday:

"how can you make such a specific prediction? are you really that good? then what after the gap:hold for a trend day down or take your profits at the open? I just don't buy it that on a Friday close you can predict a Monday opening.  if anyone were that good they could own the world in six months."

How is your prediction of Dow 20K tomorrow any different than Kinga200's prediction?  

Wow, you really pay attention to things.

#6 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:07 PM

Wow, you really pay attention to things.

Really?  This is a forum that encourages members to make "fearless forecasts" like kinga200 made on Jan 7. That's why I found it odd for you to call out someone for making such a forecast. I refrained from commenting at the time, but when you made your own Dow 20K prediction just 4 days later, I could not stay silent.  Sorry, but if the shoe fits...

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.

#7 kinga200

kinga200

• TT Member+
  • 594 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:27 AM

Well put Kss! That's what it is!!

#8 Len

Len

• Traders-Talk User
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

It could do substantially more than 20K tomorrow. I have been thinking for some time that there would be NO CHANCE of a gap (via the futures) that would essentially guarantee that price but, after today, I am not so sure. I am sure that there are a bunch of shorts that are simply hanging on to a thread of hope that they don't gap it up and run away with it tomorrow, but that would not surprise me at all. I am NOT mocking anybody.........I have been in that position WAY TOO MANY times myself......I know how bad it feels........but the possibility is very real.

I'm not mocking you. Any comments???

#9 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:16 AM

Clearly unexpected by me but it happens. Four days in a row they have tried this. I still expect a high on the 18th. We shall see.

#10 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

And, FWIW and based on what just happened, I would say that the odds of going back to the prior low of 2228 are now very high. My "print certains" down below have not changed and will not until we get there.