2017 SPX Forecast Update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:03 PM

This is a follow-up to my previous post linked here.  The first five trading days of 2017 are in the books, and the SPX was up 1.3% on day five.  That is right in the middle of the range (0.7-2.2%) for previous presidential first years with positive 5-day performance.  Based on the 5-day indicator, I think it is safe to say that 2017 should follow, or at least rhyme, with the blue forecast shown in the chart below.

I have identified four key points (A-D) in the chart which layout a pseudo roadmap for the coming year.  The current rally should top out sometime between next week and early February at point A.  That top will be followed by a correction to point B in late Feb to early March.  The correction low at point B should be bought for an extended, and perhaps relentless, rally into point C in early October.  Almost the entire gain for the year could be captured between points B and C.  After peaking at point C, take profits and an early vacation as the market moves sideways for the remainder of the year from points C to D.

So far, there are only nine data points for 2017, which are plotted in yellow in the chart.  Although it is still early yet, 2017 seems to tracking the blue forecast quite nicely.  Let's hope that continues.  yes.gif

As always, do you own analysis and never rely on a single forecast or indicator.

SPX%201st%20Year%20Pres%20Term%201-13-17

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.

#2 Harapa

Harapa

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:18 PM

Thanks for sharing your work. I just pasted a copy of it on my refrigerator.

I think 10% Allocation Model will be a good source to identify/nail turning points.

My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. All posted trades are fake (aka. paper) trades.

#3 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:59 PM

looks like the daily RUT cycles as far as a 3rd week of Feb correction low,

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan