I was shocked at the lack of excitement over this chart

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

when i saw this cycle chart posted by rogerdodger i got so excited i nearly fell off my chair....mondays action is a direct result of this nesting of cycles.......i saw these kind of charts years ago in the prechter letters and the results were allways the same.....this time around its going to be bigger imo

http://stockcharts.c...r=1492137677071

#2 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:28 AM

the big cycles at the bottom indicate a low around this time, but it is not. The small cycle on the top indicates a high

#3 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:32 AM

the big cycles at the bottom indicate a low around this time, but it is not.

.REALLY?   the history of the smaller cycles is inconsistent at best don't you think?

#4 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:35 AM

Forget about cycles. Many can't even read simple trends on this board. There's too much obsession with exotic TA. Too little faith in what works and loads of faith in vodoo. Human nature is funny.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#5 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

when i saw this cycle chart posted by rogerdodger i got so excited i nearly fell off my chair....mondays action is a direct result of this nesting of cycles.......i saw these kind of charts years ago in the prechter letters and the results were allways the same.....this time around its going to be bigger imo

http://stockcharts.c...r=1492137677071

thks, nice chart

"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#6 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:52 AM

Forget about cycles. Many can't even read simple trends on this board. There's too much obsession with exotic TA. Too little faith in what works and loads of faith in vodoo. Human nature is funny.

yes.gif

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#7 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:57 AM

on the other hand, one could look at this and notice the cycles are similar to Dec 2014, just prior to a 100 pt drop in the spx.

#8 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:03 AM

fear of  a drop of significance  during the epicenter of primary wave 3 up is and will be indemic......fear of heights and nose bleeds.......thats why so few made it to the top of k2.....being bearish is easy......anybody can do it

#9 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:21 PM

Cycles like those in the link are always intriguing, but always susceptible to retrospective over fit.  My memory is fuzzy on Prechters' demise (at least for me) when he was calling for Dow 40 (yup, forty) but the Dow couldn't even come close to breaking a trend line under the '87 crash. I do, however, keep in mind where the NYMO is in relation to its 10-14 week cycle but that's never carved in stone.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#10 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:37 AM

If this is the 9 month low rally, we have serious problems ahead. 

Volume in this rally is nowhere to be found!

I agree that A-D looks solid, but the volume is a big problem right there:

Edited by arbman, 26 April 2017 - 01:37 AM.