SP-1500 Stockcharts model

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:27 AM

Model remains solid bullish since March 2016.

"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#2 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:30 AM

Back in 2009-10, you seemed to be a hardcore Ewave user as indicated by the many charts you shared on TT.  I am wondering if you abandoned Ewave in favor of trend-following indicators like the New Highs - New Lows indicator you show here?

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.

#3 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:42 AM

LarryT, thanks for posting this interesting trend following indicator.  As a certified indicator junkie, I'm always on the lookout for new ones to evaluate. 

To squeeze more trades out of the $SUPHLP cumulative, try taking a look at crossovers of a MACD(1,10,10) of this indicator to detect when its running out of momentum.   It currently is on a sell signal. 

And kssmibotm, if I could find redemption from Elliott Wave, I could probably stop drinking.  It's the devil I tell you, or at least the ever present alternate count is.

Thanks again,

Douglas

Edited by Douglas, 05 August 2017 - 08:43 AM.

#4 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:02 AM

Back in 2009-10, you seemed to be a hardcore Ewave user as indicated by the many charts you shared on TT.  I am wondering if you abandoned Ewave in favor of trend-following indicators like the New Highs - New Lows indicator you show here?

Still solidly an E-waver and looking for the final fifth wave to pattern top off the 72 year wave FOUR low at 1810. Since I am retired and nearing the potential end of my time thought I would share this SP-1500 model and just pass it along for what its worth.

Twitter site

#5 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:23 AM

LarryT, thanks for posting this interesting trend following indicator.  As a certified indicator junkie, I'm always on the lookout for new ones to evaluate. 

To squeeze more trades out of the $SUPHLP cumulative, try taking a look at crossovers of a MACD(1,10,10) of this indicator to detect when its running out of momentum.   It currently is on a sell signal. 

And kssmibotm, if I could find redemption from Elliott Wave, I could probably stop drinking.  It's the devil I tell you, or at least the ever present alternate count is.

Thanks again,

Douglas

Yes, momentum has topped short term. If you look at the SUPUDP and SUPADP they topped July 19 and 25ft. If you draw a trend line off the previous two lows of UDP and across the two previous tops that zone is what you should monitor for clues. Trades below the two lows trend line odds are a trend change has occurred. IF ADP is also below the previous two lows trend line and HLP is below the 10 EMA then we have an exit longs off the March 2016 buy signal.

Twitter site

#6 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

Thanks Larry for the info!

#7 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:18 PM

Thanks again,

Douglas

Yes, momentum has topped short term. If you look at the SUPUDP and SUPADP they topped July 19 and 25ft. If you draw a trend line off the previous two lows of UDO and across the two previous tops that zone is what you should monitor for clues. Trades below the two lows trend line odds are a trend change has occurred. IF ADP is also below the previous two lows trend line and HLP is below the 10 EMA then we have an exit longs off the March 2016 buy signal.

Can someone tell me how to EDIT a post? The UDO should be UDP.

Twitter site

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,021 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

Thanks again,

Douglas

Yes, momentum has topped short term. If you look at the SUPUDP and SUPADP they topped July 19 and 25ft. If you draw a trend line off the previous two lows of UDO and across the two previous tops that zone is what you should monitor for clues. Trades below the two lows trend line odds are a trend change has occurred. IF ADP is also below the previous two lows trend line and HLP is below the 10 EMA then we have an exit longs off the March 2016 buy signal.

Can someone tell me how to EDIT a post? The UDO should be UDP.

Corrected. There's only a couple minutes to make an edit. This keeps naughty would-be system sellers from back-dating "trades". ;)

If you need a post edited, just report it or sent me a message. I'll get it.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#9 pedro

pedro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 767 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

Still solidly an E-waver and looking for the final fifth wave to pattern top off the 72 year wave FOUR low at 1810. Since I am retired and nearing the potential end of my time thought I would share this SP-1500 model and just pass it along for what its worth.

Hi Larry.   Could you please sketch out your count from 1942?  The top of W3 with in perhaps?   (2000?)

I'm wondering in your count what degree wave 4 @ 1810 was?

Perhaps wave 4 within wave V?

And do you have 1942 as a Cycle or SuperCycle degree low?   Or as a C2 or SC2?   I assume one of the latter.

(Suggesting that the decline to come would be C4 or SC4, no?)

Thanks!

#10 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

Using a 10 day EMA on the raw daily value looks similar using the zero line for confirming a bearish bias.  The $NYHL is very similar but I think SC is providing data for the NYSE Commons only issues rather than the NYSE Composite.  1900 issues vs 3300.  NYSE Composite breadth was right at a Hindenburg Omen signal on Wed this past week depending on who you use for data breadth.  Back to back Thursday sell offs > than 1%, and back to back weekly spx closes that were very close to bottom tick are interesting occurrences.  Patience for October may pay big gains again.  NH-NL looks good for the tool box.