Cell Phone Use Observation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:32 AM

For the last several months I have noticed that young people here in my part of the UK have taken to keeping their smart phones in their pockets/handbags.  A year ago ALL young people were doing the zombie walk starring blankly into their smart phones as they trudged along obvious to all that surrounded them.  Recently something seems to have changed in the cell phone culture here.  I don't know if the same is happening stateside, but if it is, it could have serious negative implications for content providers and advertisers.  Maybe, just maybe the bloom is finally coming off this addictive rose.

Regards,

Douglas

Edited by Douglas, 13 August 2017 - 10:34 AM.

#2 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:37 AM

Haven't seen that here. It's not just the kids doing this, all ages of adults are zombified. Usage in cars while driving is worse than ever.

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#3 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:58 AM

Pokemon Go! came out in July 2016.  That fad lasted until the weather got cold.

#4 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

max on 5G

cali passed a law no local jurisdictions can oppose 5G conversions

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#5 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

Data, maybe it's just a summer effect.  Nice, warm weather in the normally cold, damp UK does make locals act differently.  I still do see young people periodically checking their phone, but then it gets quickly tucked away again, not like last year.  As the weather gets colder, I'll watch for any renewal of zombie behaviour. 

Regards,

Douglas

#6 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:53 PM

Anyone know the fact that the CIA owns part of Pokémon Go? Mapping your world on the Go, every where you Go:

https://journal-neo....f-surveillance/

#7 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

Data, maybe it's just a summer effect.  Nice, warm weather in the normally cold, damp UK does make locals act differently.  I still do see young people periodically checking their phone, but then it gets quickly tucked away again, not like last year.  As the weather gets colder, I'll watch for any renewal of zombie behaviour. 

Regards,

Douglas

Earbuds, especially blue-tooth earbuds.

THE BEST EARBUDS FOR 2017

APPLE'S AIRPODS

I bought a set of earbuds recently I found in one those impulse bargain baskets at a Nordstrom Rack checkout in Seattle. They were blue-tooth and promised to deliver the entire world of music and spoken-words (podcasts and phone calls) with no irritating dangling wires. I thought "Ha" that's an outrageous claim, especially at $19.95, but at also $19.95 I figured what the hell.  Haven't had my phone out of my pocket except to search for another podcast since.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."